Getting less and paying more.

I opened a bag of those natural veggie chips, I could not believe it there were 9 chips inside, the bag was less than a 1/4 full. I was amazed and pretty PO-ed as well. Its all big buisness baby we are just $ for them

Quote:
Well, now I don't feel so bad about my ice cream incident the other night.
big_smile.png

This whole thing is the reason I have 2 gardens this year and am learning to can. AND will be dehydrating a lot of stuff too. I just have to learn how to store things in order instead of chaos to accomodate all my hoarding!!! I wish Coffee wasnt shrinking, thats our biggest peeve in all of this...which means we have it good if thats our only complaint!!!

Quote:
I've wanted to have a vegetable garden for years, and we've finally moved somewhere that it's possible. I started working on getting that area cleared out..it obviously used to be part of the yard, but previous owners let the woods overtake most of it.

In the meantime, I hit produce stands and local farmers whenever I can. It's rewarding on so many levels-the food is fresh, I'm helping out one of my neighbors, supporting my community, and sticking it to the big grocer at the same time. I don't plan to have a HUGE garden, so I will continue to buy as much local produce as I can.

We have a cherry tree, a fig tree and a pear tree..the apple tree was dead when we bought the house. I would like to put some grapes and another apple tree out, too. The less I have to buy from the grocery store, the happier I am.

WE have one apple tree, I would like another, but for now that one is enough. Pears and cherries and the like dont do well up here in MN so we pretty much get apples....and thats it! But yes, we hit the farmers market, the Amish and Russians, and other local sites as much as we can as well, and shop at the Mom and Pop store instead of Wal Mart.

Quote:
It is funny everything is shrinking .............EXCEPT ME!!!
roll.png

I agree!
lol.png
I never seem to shrink when I need to but did lose some lbs when we are eating back to the old fashioned way.

Shampoos and soap bars are getting smaller but not that small. A bar of Ivory soap used to cost less than a dollar a piece and now its $1.25 and I swore the bar has shrunk a bit. Not as heavy like it used to be.

Same for veggie plants at the local farmers market. I used to get six plants for 99 cents and now its ONE plant for 99 cents. So much for quantity for less.

Back
Top Bottom