Getting less and paying more.

cackle

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
North Carolina
It is an all time low when you buy toliet paper and the roll itself is the same size but the tube itself is twice as big as it use to be. This was Scott which we have to buy because we hae a septic tank. Anyone noticed the same with other brands or other products in general.

Yes, in just about everything. Look at dog food for example, used to buy the 40 pound bag, now its like 30 pounds for the same price.
barnie.gif
It drives me nutts!! Thats our economy for you.
idunno.gif

I work making grocery store circulars, so I always notice it. EVERYTHING has gone down in size.
The big jug of OJ used to be 96 oz, is now 89 oz. Tuna used to be a 6 oz can, now 5 oz. Peanut Butter used to be an 18 oz Jar, now a 16 oz. Capri Suns and the like (juice pouches) used to be 6.75 oz/ea, now only 6. You used to commonly see Coke/Pepsi 2L Bottles for 10/$10, now its 1.5L bottles. Spaghetti sauce used to be a big 32 oz. Jar, now its only 26 oz. Cereal boxes vary but all are smaller. Haägen-Dazs Ice Cream is no longer a pint, its 14 oz. Mayo used to be a 32 oz. jar, now its 30 oz. Ice cream used to be half a gallon, 64 oz. then it went to 56, and now it's 48 oz. Items in a can, like veggies or spaghettios, used to be 16 oz and all are now 14.5-15 oz. What used to be a 1lb bag of pre-mixed salad is now 12 oz. I won't even mention the size of potato chip bags...

Here is my thing that I complain about. They remold the jar so it will hold less but it is just as big around & just as tall. They do this to cut cost & keep the product the same price for you. It cost a lot of money to have a molding machine made. If it was just to cut cost why not just putless in the jar. If you was going to have a new mold made, would you not want to make the jar smaller so you could ship more. It is all lies. I say it is time to stop being slaves to the rich. Stop buying all of there junk. The economy isn't crashing people are just getting smarter (some are anyways).

Quote:
I stopped buying Scott a few years ago. There are several brands here that are marked "septic safe." I figure my chances are as good with one as another.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom