Getting my Quail to Lay

Quote:
they have never layed since i owned them they seem to love their new coop tho it has a little run connected to it and they have much more space so maybe now they will
hmm.png

Quote:
You need the male if you are wanting to hatch the eggs.... I have them just to eat the eggs and I removed the roo five days ago due to injury, and they have not missed a beat on laying eggs

thank you I knew I needed him for breeding can't have one without the other to make a baby of course I was just asking for laying in general

I am feeding them gamebird feed, millet and oyster shell grits along with some veges as treat. My flock consists of 1 male and 2 two females. Both females laid healthy eggs 50 in total in like 25 days. I think the grl who stopped laying is getting old(judging by the size and ability to fly)the male and the other grl of mine are about same age(well they look same aged to me:p)and she hasn't stopped since the day she started.
And about the lighting i dnt use artifical light coz i think they need to rest too however they get 14 to 16 hours(maybe more) of light.

Quote:
See mine our on the same diet but they live outside so just sun light for them and now I have 10 because I picked up 1 more male and a few more females they all get along and they have plenty of space. They still haven't layed but I'm hoping they will soon because they started acting like they would nest.

Quote:
See mine our on the same diet but they live outside so just sun light for them and now I have 10 because I picked up 1 more male and a few more females they all get along and they have plenty of space. They still haven't layed but I'm hoping they will soon because they started acting like they would nest.

ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN QUAIL LAW...

COTURNIX QUAIL ESPECIALLY ARE LOVERS OF PERPETUAL SAMENESS... ANY DISTURBANCE IN THIS IS A FELONY INFRACTION UPON QUAIL LAW AND DEALT WITH IN THE MOST SERIOUS OF WAY THEY CAN MUSTER.

"CHANGE MY PEN? BAD KEEPER! NO EGGS FOR YOU"
" CHANGE MY ROOMMATES? BAD KEEPER! NO EGGS FOR YOU!"
"CHANGE MY DIET? BAD KEEPER! NO EGGS FOR YOU!"

ANY CHANGE EVEN OF THE SLIGHTEST LEVEL MAY INVOKE THIS REACTION... NOW START WITH THE FACT THAT YOUR ORIGINAL STOCK WAS QUITE POSSIBLY TOO YOUNG TO BE LAYING TO START WITH ADD TO IT ANY MOVES, AND THE ADDITIONS OF NEW STOCK (WHICH I DONT SUPPOSE YOU QUARENTINEED BY THE WAY?) AND LETS NOT FORGET POSSIBLE DIET CHANGES... YOU MY FRIEND ARE MAKING THINGS MORE DIFFICULT ON YOURSELF WITH SOME VERY UNLIKELY EXPECTATIONS.

COUPLE ALL THIS WITH THE FACT THAT EGGS COME FROM BIRDS... MULTIPLY THAT BY FEMALE BIRDS BOTTOM LINE... NO MATTER THE SPECES OR COLOR OR CARE, ULTIMATELY YOU ARE AT THEIR WHIM OR WILL... THEY'LL LAY WHEN READY, AND NOT 1 MOMENT SOONER.

OH YEAH ALMOST FORGOT... MANY GET STAGE FRIGHT EASILY, SO IF YOUR PACING BACK AND FORTH IN FRONT OF THEIR PEN LIKE AN ANXIOUS NEW FATHER IT'LL TAKE LONGER
smile.png

Quote:

ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN QUAIL LAW...

COTURNIX QUAIL ESPECIALLY ARE LOVERS OF PERPETUAL SAMENESS... ANY DISTURBANCE IN THIS IS A FELONY INFRACTION UPON QUAIL LAW AND DEALT WITH IN THE MOST SERIOUS OF WAY THEY CAN MUSTER.

"CHANGE MY PEN? BAD KEEPER! NO EGGS FOR YOU"
" CHANGE MY ROOMMATES? BAD KEEPER! NO EGGS FOR YOU!"
"CHANGE MY DIET? BAD KEEPER! NO EGGS FOR YOU!"

ANY CHANGE EVEN OF THE SLIGHTEST LEVEL MAY INVOKE THIS REACTION... NOW START WITH THE FACT THAT YOUR ORIGINAL STOCK WAS QUITE POSSIBLY TOO YOUNG TO BE LAYING TO START WITH ADD TO IT ANY MOVES, AND THE ADDITIONS OF NEW STOCK (WHICH I DONT SUPPOSE YOU QUARENTINEED BY THE WAY?) AND LETS NOT FORGET POSSIBLE DIET CHANGES... YOU MY FRIEND ARE MAKING THINGS MORE DIFFICULT ON YOURSELF WITH SOME VERY UNLIKELY EXPECTATIONS.

COUPLE ALL THIS WITH THE FACT THAT EGGS COME FROM BIRDS... MULTIPLY THAT BY FEMALE BIRDS BOTTOM LINE... NO MATTER THE SPECES OR COLOR OR CARE, ULTIMATELY YOU ARE AT THEIR WHIM OR WILL... THEY'LL LAY WHEN READY, AND NOT 1 MOMENT SOONER.

OH YEAH ALMOST FORGOT... MANY GET STAGE FRIGHT EASILY, SO IF YOUR PACING BACK AND FORTH IN FRONT OF THEIR PEN LIKE AN ANXIOUS NEW FATHER IT'LL TAKE LONGER
smile.png

Well first off diet hasn't chnaged the new birds are always quietened, I'm not an idiot I just don't know quial I raise Champion show birds not meat fowl. Also I can't be paising in front of their coop, Because They are OUTSIDE, on the other end of the barn all by themselves I only see them in the morning when I feed them and at night when I lock up the coop. Aaaaaaaaaaaand I got this morning
smile.png
hurray!

Back
Top Bottom