Getting nervous...

Shag

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 3, 2009
NC
OK, this is only my second post on this forum. My wife and I have 2 chickens and are probably gonna get 2 more this weekend coming up. I posted up in the introduction section and mentioned that we planned on not getting any more than 6 chickens TOTAL no matter what. I got several replies saying that no way would we be able to stop at 6 because this hobby can become more than a hobby and be absolutely addicting. But that could NEVER HAPPEN TO US, right?!?!? But my wife has spent most of the day on this forum reading all about chickens and the time she wasn't on the forum was spent on doing little improvements to the run/coop we worked on last weekend. Uh.... oh...
tongue.png

Quote:
Before I break the bad news to you,
welcome-byc.gif
! Ok, here's the deal - we wanted 6 hens and 1 roo, so we got them. Then we went to the feed store, got 6 more chicks because they are just so cute and eventually they will lay eggs, right? So that is 13 chickens. Well, of course eventually you have to go back to the feed store. That was 4 more babies. Now we have 17. We wanted 6.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
YOU ARE DOOMED!

ETA: I forgot the mention that we want silkies and polish...... The madness never ends!

Last edited:
lau.gif

My husband said we were only getting a couple of chicks (7 max - 6 hens, 1 roo) for the kids.....we now have 18 and everytime we go to a trade show of see one on Craigslist we get it!!
smile.png
it's addicting so have fun.

Yep, doomed, doomed.
gig.gif

But take heart, there as a few among us who have been able to keep the numbers down to 3 or 4. Believe it or not. But it takes real fortitude and strength to be able to resist the overwhelming cuteness awaiting you at the feed store every time your 4 need feed. But, be strong......

Now, what is your wife's cell #??

tongue2.gif

Yeah.... just planned on quail here.... a few quail. Now i have over 50 quail, and plan on getting more... ended up getting into chickens more because of this site so now i have 4 hens and 1 roo...with so many chicken eggs in the incubator right now I can't even tell you how many could hatch....THEN getting 3 bobwhite quail this weekend, as well as I JUST sent out a money order for 8+ bantam black ameraucana hatching eggs....

you've been warned.....

Back
Top Bottom