Getting New Hens

Welshies

Crowing
May 8, 2016
Alberta, Canada
I am getting new hens after my pullets were eaten by a fox. I have leftover 16% finisher pellets, and then duck feed (but not pelleted or crumbles- grains mixed together instead by our local feed store) that are 16 or 17% (new, not moldly. Leftovers from last year.) layer rations or finisher. Can I feed these to my hens along with appropriate grit and oyster shell? They will be outside all day too (this time in an appropriate pen) to help compensate for the slightly readjusted diet.

Are you saying you got feed left from last year that you are wanting to use now?? I would not use it if its months old, but I am not looking at it-----that's your call. I would go get them some fresh/new feed. Even if it looks good----might, or might not be. Again This is My Opinion, your call.

Are you saying you got feed left from last year that you are wanting to use now?? I would not use it if its months old, but I am not looking at it-----that's your call. I would go get them some fresh/new feed. Even if it looks good----might, or might not be. Again This is My Opinion, your call.
The chicken feed (and oats I have) are this years, and the grass is lush and green with ant hills scattered around. Last year's duck feed seems totally fine, the quail (who were also killed) have been eating it no problem- but I've just been scattering it on the ground so it's easier for them to pick through.

Back
Top Bottom