Getting ready for lockdown tonight. 4/16

jwatts

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Well the time finally arrived, lockdown tonight. I'm kind of nervous after reading everything that can go wrong. I notice my incubator a few times had humidity levels sometimes of 70%. I hope they didn't drown. I did notice while candling that there was some movement in a bunch of eggs. I'm using an old round hova bator that has no egg turner. I can't wait to see what gives.

lockdown for us tonight too! we had a hatch last weekend that went oh so wrong...! so im really looking forward to this hatch and hoping it gos better! good luck! i will look for this thread to see pics of your babies!
frow.gif

How are you guys setting your eggs while in lockdown? Just laying them on there side, in egg carton? If so pointy side of egg down just like in incubator? I'm not sure what to do. Thank you

i lay mine on there side. but this time im going to put them into cupcake papers to hold the egg, and make clean up easier.

some people put theres into egg cartons, but i think they are tilted, or on an incline.... well ive never done it, but the ones i have seen where on a incline... so they arent straight up and down like the bator, but yes still with the pointy or (small side) down.

thank you, i'm not sure what im going to do. The cupcake idea sounds great. I might try that..

There pipping already this morning!!!!!!!!! It's day 20. So far we have 4 of 22 piping through.

Well we have 4 chicks so far. two black ones seem to have possibly intistines coming out there butts..I think. Has anyone had this problem before? Im not sure if they will be ok..

I got eggs poppin all over the bator so far,10 cornish cross 4 rir 1 production red (I forgot I put that one in there as a control egg)1 BSL,and 2 WR got pips on about 10 others,only about about 2or3 DC pips...come on DC's! they're from sandspoultry they're members here but I ebayed them.

Congrats.
ya.gif
Can you tell me what kind of bator you use and what did you keep your humidity at. I'm working on my 3rd hatch and didn't have very good luck with the first 2.
barnie.gif
Had only 1 hatch out of my 2nd hatch. Locked down 3 bantam eggs today, I have my fingers and toes crossed.
fl.gif
Just tryn to get all the information I can to give the best odds.

Back
Top Bottom