GETTING READY TO THROW OUT MY LITTLE GIANT!!!!!!!!

I have a little giant andjust had my first hatch ever. All of the eggs I put in the incubator hatched just fine. No problems with keeping the heat steady. (It's always on 99.7). I did have a problem getting the humidity high. I had to add some little cups of water in addition to the wells in the bottom. I tried incubating last year in the same bator, but had it in a drafty spot and had no success with the temps. Not sure about yours though. Like I said, this is my second try and first time getting chicks. Haven't had a problem since moving the bator to a different location. I'm no expert though. . .maybe you could build a nice one.

I bought the bator about a month ago at Big R. I bought the thermometer (Fluker's) 2 weeks ago from Petco. I tested the thermometer and hygrometer against several other thermometers and one other hygrometer and found it to be accurate. It's in a bedroom with no draft or direct sunlight.

I just posted about mine spiking in temp and killing chicks that were inside drying off.
Everything was fine, all the eggs hatched except for one...and it was just a yoke when I opened it.
I cleaned it out and lowered the temp, put the chicks back in on some paper towels and went outside. I came back in and the chicks...except for 2 were all dead and the temp was 118 degrees.
I've had this incubator for years and never had a problem until today. I'm still sick to my stomach over it. I have never had that big of a spike in temp before today. All I can figure out is that it was some kind of a power surge, but I'll be leary of using it again.

I got rid of mine after lousy 20% at best hatches over 2 years of trying. well, still have it and may use it as a hatcher.

got a lyon turnx t-6 off of ebay. around $85 INCLUDING shipping plus it came with a candler.

immediately went to 50% hatch on shipped eggs. probably the best I can do.

skyesrocket-
you mentioned something about a power surge.... Maybe that's what happened here today. I'm not using a surge protector yet, so maybe that was just it. that sounds so right.

Back
Top Bottom