GETTING READY TO THROW OUT MY LITTLE GIANT!!!!!!!!

fowlwoman1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Wenatchee, WA
Left home for a couple of hours today and when I came back I checked the bator to see the max temp that registered while I was gone. 116.9 degrees!!!!!!!
ep.gif

I am going to candle the eggs tonight and if the chicks are all dead I am going to sell this bator and make my own! I have a water heater thermostat that might regulate the temp better than whatever the LG has in it. I haven't been able to get the humidity higher than 40% give or take 10%. I don't see how the heck I"m going to get it to 70% for hatching. This is my first hatch with this brand new LG. I used my mom's hovabator for my last hatch(which was my first). When I bought the LG I didn't realize it had such a bad reputation. I felt the eggs to see how feverish they were and they didn't feel extremely hot, so maybe they have a chance.

That's what I was thinking... I keep two thermometers in there to double check. I had a digital go out on me, and it went really crazy before it died... 120°F. Thing is, the temps never changed. I'd keep an eye on it, but I'd definitely suspect the thermometer. My little LG keeps the most perfect temps I've ever seen, so I can only shake my head and wonder why everyone's having so many problems.

How old is the 'bator?

Back
Top Bottom