Getting testing done next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a misleading statement as the USDA still requires NPIP for interstate shipment of birds. Feds trump states on this.
That list is pulled straight from the NPIP site which clearly states one must be NPIP OR...
depends on which state you are shipping from and to.

The feds rule is to follow state rules.

Here the USDA states that you must follow each state regulations for INTERSTATE shipping:
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou...-Guide/Animal-Movement/interstate-regulations

Importing and exporting birds outside of the USA must follow certain USDA regulations besides STATE regulations.

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.03.06 PM.png

Here is what it says on the Texas AHC site about importing/exporting outside of the USA.
State entities regulate interstate shipping not federal rules.

Lets get back to what we were discussing and off this tangent you have found. Yes, adult birds can be shipped with vet papers and testing to most if not all states. I do not know that.

I do know I ship a ton of birds. If you look on the list Wy does not require a 9-3. I shipped to Wy twice this year, I had to contact the state vet and give them my NPIP number before shipping I then was allowed to ship there.

You cannot get testing and vet statements on day old chicks and have it done n the time required to ship chicks. Chicks must be a day old or less when shipped. (postal rules).

I have no idea if that originates from USDA or not.

The one set of rules you posted was for international shipments into TX those are in addition to USDA rules.

I am not sure what your point is here? What are you trying to say? You can ship to and from Tx because it is Tx without following the rules?

Lets get back to what we were discussing and off this tangent you have found. Yes, adult birds can be shipped with vet papers and testing to most if not all states. I do not know that.

I do know I ship a ton of birds. If you look on the list Wy does not require a 9-3. I shipped to Wy twice this year, I had to contact the state vet and give them my NPIP number before shipping I then was allowed to ship there.

You cannot get testing and vet statements on day old chicks and have it done n the time required to ship chicks. Chicks must be a day old or less when shipped. (postal rules).

I have no idea if that originates from USDA or not.

The one set of rules you posted was for international shipments into TX those are in addition to USDA rules.

I am not sure what your point is here? What are you trying to say? You can ship to and from Tx because it is Tx without following the rules?

What I am saying is that an person (A backyard chicken owner) does NOT have to be NPIP certified in order to ship birds.

I'm getting someone out to test my birds so I can eventually sell eggs at the FM and babies too. Is there anything special I need to know. I house my chickens and ducks together in a big 20x12x5.5 pen..with a coop in the middle. The ducks pool is in the back corner and chickens roost and all up front. It is covered with wire top and bottom with metal panels along the bottom perimeter. We will be moving all the roosters out to a bigger space on family land soon. They don't inspect that kind of thing do they? Either way, I'm excited to have it done. My dream since a kid was to own a ranch farm. And, I'm in my early 30s and taking the steps to eventually get there...on a budget.
https://tvmdl.tamu.edu/testing-information/poultry/bird-owners/

PT testing is the only testing required to sell birds in Texas.
For annual flock tests, owners will receive a Flock Owner Testing Agreement form from the Authorized Testing Agent. The flock test and form are good for one year from the date of the test. This is the only paperwork required for shows and sales in Texas.

They shouldn't have any housing requirements, then... also, if you go full NPIP you might be able to pay for getting ducks tested rather than having to separate... don't know Texas rules, all I have is information from people in other states.
There is no such thing as FULL NPIP.
Each state has different requirements that must be met in order to qualify to be a NPIP participant.
Here is an example from ONE state:
https://agr.wa.gov/FoodAnimal/AvianHealth/Docs/NPIPapplicationpacket.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom