Getting the chicks i want.

Ashllen

Chirping
Jan 6, 2023
North West Washington
I have little space and prefer variety. But most online places want me to get at minimum 3 per breed. Does anyone know of websites that sell variety options? I only have space for 3 maybe 4 chicks and I don't want it all to be one breed of bird.

I have little space and prefer variety. But most online places want me to get at minimum 3 per breed. Does anyone know of websites that sell variety options? I only have space for 3 maybe 4 chicks and I don't want it all to be one breed of bird.
try mypetchicken altho they are mostly sold out. More will be in stock starting june of this year. Or you could wait till like january because there in full stock then :)

Mt Healthy will do a small order of 3 chicks for $30 plus cost of chicks. They have a TON of variety. Limited availability on some breeds, but they do still have a lot of chicks available. What breeds are you looking for? I can tell you if they carry them…

Russian orloff, Easter egger (my sweet Astrid got snagged by a hawk), Ameraucana? That might just be another Easter egger, and an olive egger. If I had more room, I'd get a splash maran... but sadly my vacancy has a limit. I'm basically looking for colored egg layers with beards. Bearded chickens are my favorite! 🤩

Attachments

• 20230306_174021.jpg
    20230306_174021.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230306_173652.jpg
    20230306_173652.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 2
Look for local breeders and farmers who will sell. We have some around but are sold out of pullets for this year. Depending where you live, you may find a hatchery and be able to pickup.

I would recommend a feed store. Usually they have a list of what they'll be ordering and you can mix and match. They use major hatcheries anyway

Yeah, I've been trying that one. But they never seem to have the breeds I want... sigh, that bird flu from last year really messed things up. Most of the time feed stores don't even have a listing.

Yeah, I've been trying that one. But they never seem to have the breeds I want... sigh, that bird flu from last year really messed things up. Most of the time feed stores don't even have a listing.
That is annoying. Mine has a list for the whole season. Its really nice cause I can plan everything out. You might consider ordering chicks with someone else to meet the quota.

Back
Top Bottom