Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

As for transportation to the airport and employees - Have you thought about hiring a backup caretaker? If you can find one with a license, win win. If not it might benefit you in the long run to have an extra pair of hands if someone flakes their duties, you could have he/she work there full or part time and learn the job and then if they prove useful you could offer them a better position and if someone leaves prematurely they would be able to step up quickly.

Just a thought.

Reasonable idea however...

To get a driver's license the correct way, you must be fluent in English to pass the exam. People who are at caretaker level education cant do such. Then you have somebody who had bought their driver's license through some sort of corruption. Would you want them driving your vehicle?

Its better to get the college graduate to earn a driver's license legitimately.

Having a back up caretaker is also an issue on two levels. 1st. its a position that is covered under the domestic workers act. They are live-in and paid full board. They cannot work in the capacity of a worker who is making you profit directly. (we pay our caretaker a salary as a caretaker and 4 days additional as a farm worker per month, along with a food per diem). Part time poses problems.

2nd. When you have too little work, you get lazy staff who forget to do things.You breed complacency. The job, if done correctly affords enough down time to mess around for about half an hour a day on company time. The three people who did it for the 6 years before chickens covered the work easily. The job now requires less work than then because there are less coconut trees

Some of those langshans lay plum colored eggs. I want some too.
I will have some isbars and isabel leghorns laying in a few months if you are interested. I would ship you eggs just for bragging rights. It would be cool having my chicks hatching halfway across the world

Very cool offer, bama! And I agree... :)

Oz, I'd be willing to do same... have Cream Legbars as well and Lavender/Black Split Ameraucanas that're all doing well... can offer Sulmtalers for a new breed too... sorry, don't have Langshans though... :/

Very cool offer, bama! And I agree...
smile.png

Oz, I'd be willing to do same... have Cream Legbars as well and Lavender/Black Split Ameraucanas that're all doing well... can offer Sulmtalers for a new breed too... sorry, don't have Langshans though...
hmm.png

I have pretty much abused my current legbar supplier. She gets the ultimate benefactor award in bith eggs and clothes. Love you Miriam.

Your Ameraucana sound just what I am looking for!!

Well, goodness gracious me. I have been reading and reading for weeks and I have just found my way to present day. This has been a tremendous saga. I have celebrated all the ups and felt my heart drop with the downs. Just popping in to say hello and will continue to follow as the plot develops. Congratulations on the littluns and the massive undertaking of Coco Beach.

Well, goodness gracious me. I have been reading and reading for weeks and I have just found my way to present day. This has been a tremendous saga. I have celebrated all the ups and felt my heart drop with the downs. Just popping in to say hello and will continue to follow as the plot develops. Congratulations on the littluns and the massive undertaking of Coco Beach.

Yay!!! :hugs

Happy to see you found one of the most awesome threads on BYC, my friend! :)

Oz, she has 19 outta 20 eggs from me developing in her bator as we speak... this is one very lovely lady and am glad she has shown up here...

Back
Top Bottom