Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Whew... We have a couple of Ostrich farms in our area. The feed store owner had about twenty. She said she had a mountain lion get a male during a thunderstorm.... Had it dragged out of the pen half way before her husband flipped the lights on and set the dogs on it.

I would love to get my hands on some blown emu eggs.

deb
ostrich huh? i wonder if they sell eggs. july should be mid breeding season.................

Wow Oz you are collecting exotic eggs too! Love it. Wondering what I will add to your next egg runs :) separated pairs I have now:

Splash marans, pair
Swedish flower, pair
Rc hrir, pair
Sc hrir, trio
Silver penciled rock, pair

Beyond excited to hatch babies from these :)

In the brooders I have

Spr
Sfh
Cochins
Polish
Lav ameracauna
Buff orp
Light Brahma

Craziness:)
but like I tell the hubby, they're my therapy :)

Wow Oz you are collecting exotic eggs too! Love it. Wondering what I will add to your next egg runs
smile.png
separated pairs I have now:

Splash marans, pair
Swedish flower, pair
Rc hrir, pair
Sc hrir, trio

Beyond excited to hatch babies from these
smile.png

In the brooders I have

Spr
Sfh
Cochins
Polish
Lav ameracauna
Buff orp
Light Brahma

but like I tell the hubby, they're my therapy
smile.png

Wow Oz you are collecting exotic eggs too! Love it. Wondering what I will add to your next egg runs
smile.png
separated pairs I have now:

Splash marans, pair
Swedish flower, pair
Rc hrir, pair
Sc hrir, trio

Beyond excited to hatch babies from these
smile.png

In the brooders I have

Spr
Sfh
Cochins
Polish
Lav ameracauna
Buff orp
Light Brahma

but like I tell the hubby, they're my therapy
smile.png
tell your hens to get busy the week before I go in may. I will take any and all of your pures

when I was in the Phils an americauana mix young roo and a polish mix young roo had a little display of courage. it was cute but it wont be long before I have to thin the boys out. My father in law wants some, as does my wifes brother in law. No one want us to eat them. The immigrants are getting big. We started free choice oyster shell. I will worm them again in a week and expect eggs to start appearing in a month.to six weeks. I am so looking forward to eating our own eggs when I get there in may/june.

Mrs Oz delayed her trip over for a few weeks but she is excited to visit your hacienda

I am very excited about the turkeys. I can wait to turn the old tom I have into turkey sausages or slow cooked mole poblano. A home grown tom turkey at christmas too.yum.

this is too much fun.

will you be going to Norco tomorrow?

i look forward to seeing how the younguns are growing too. post pics please

From http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/383047/81-of-filipinos-satisfied-with-life

Despite the persistence of high poverty in the country, at least four in every five adult Filipinos, or 81 percent, said they were satisfied with their life in December last year, a survey found.

Results of survey showed that those content with their life included 33 percent who said they were “very satisfied” and 48 percent who were “fairly satisfied.”
The survey, conducted on Dec. 8 to 11, asked 1,200 adults nationwide the question, “On the whole, are you very satisfied, fairly satisfied, not very satisfied, or not at all satisfied with the life you are experiencing?”

From http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/383047/81-of-filipinos-satisfied-with-life

Despite the persistence of high poverty in the country, at least four in every five adult Filipinos, or 81 percent, said they were satisfied with their life in December last year, a survey found.

Results of survey showed that those content with their life included 33 percent who said they were “very satisfied” and 48 percent who were “fairly satisfied.”
The survey, conducted on Dec. 8 to 11, asked 1,200 adults nationwide the question, “On the whole, are you very satisfied, fairly satisfied, not very satisfied, or not at all satisfied with the life you are experiencing?”
Just goes to show, money can't buy happiness.

UPDATE

I received a text message from Bernie today. The incubators are holding temp at 99.5
wee.gif

We should have pullet eggs from the first immigrants in 6 weeks!

Bernie is building the Coturnix cages and putting the divide down the main coop in preparation for our second hatch.

People were appalled when I said that we are eating the roosters from the first hatch and want us to sell them or swap them for local chickens to eat, I guess we have a market developing!
sell those suckers off then OZ
1/2 for Bernie's pocket & 1/2 for more feed
maybe you will end paying little or nothing for feed
that's not too tough to take :)

piggy

I've become an insane obsessed chicken person. While visiting a friend of mine I saw her delawares and if course just had to have them. It's becoming ...wait no its a serious chicken problem Ive developed!! Lol aww well there are worse ones I suppose.
everyone repeat after me
my name is (your name here) & i am obsessed by chickens
there see that's wasn't too hard
D.gif
whenever i need a "fix" i go buy more birds or incubators so i can hatch out more birds
hey what can i say chickens are cheeper than drugs so i'll stick with chickens :)

piglett

Back
Top Bottom