Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

ostrich huh? i wonder if they sell eggs. july should be mid breeding season.................

3. OffGridMAMA

OffGridMAMA Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    valley center, CA
    Wow Oz you are collecting exotic eggs too! Love it. Wondering what I will add to your next egg runs :) separated pairs I have now:

Splash marans, pair
    Swedish flower, pair
    Rc hrir, pair
    Sc hrir, trio
    Silver penciled rock, pair

Beyond excited to hatch babies from these :)

In the brooders I have

Spr
    Sfh
    Cochins
    Polish
    Lav ameracauna
    Buff orp
    Light Brahma

Craziness:)
    but like I tell the hubby, they're my therapy :)

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

tell your hens to get busy the week before I go in may. I will take any and all of your pures

when I was in the Phils an americauana mix young roo and a polish mix young roo had a little display of courage. it was cute but it wont be long before I have to thin the boys out. My father in law wants some, as does my wifes brother in law. No one want us to eat them. The immigrants are getting big. We started free choice oyster shell. I will worm them again in a week and expect eggs to start appearing in a month.to six weeks. I am so looking forward to eating our own eggs when I get there in may/june.

Mrs Oz delayed her trip over for a few weeks but she is excited to visit your hacienda

I am very excited about the turkeys. I can wait to turn the old tom I have into turkey sausages or slow cooked mole poblano. A home grown tom turkey at christmas too.yum.

this is too much fun.

will you be going to Norco tomorrow?

i look forward to seeing how the younguns are growing too. post pics please

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

From http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/383047/81-of-filipinos-satisfied-with-life

Despite the persistence of high poverty in the country, at least four in every five adult Filipinos, or 81 percent, said they were satisfied with their life in December last year, a survey found.

Results of survey showed that those content with their life included 33 percent who said they were “very satisfied” and 48 percent who were “fairly satisfied.”
    The survey, conducted on Dec. 8 to 11, asked 1,200 adults nationwide the question, “On the whole, are you very satisfied, fairly satisfied, not very satisfied, or not at all satisfied with the life you are experiencing?”

6. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Just goes to show, money can't buy happiness.

7. piglett

piglett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    sell those suckers off then OZ
    1/2 for Bernie's pocket & 1/2 for more feed
    maybe you will end paying little or nothing for feed
    that's not too tough to take :)

piggy

8. piglett

piglett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    whenever i need a "fix" i go buy more birds or incubators so i can hatch out more birds
    hey what can i say chickens are cheeper than drugs so i'll stick with chickens :)

piglett

1 person likes this.
  9. perchie.girl

10. perchie.girl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by