Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Quote:I have a few stories. I will throw one on here every now and then

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Quote:there is no law that says you have to travel. as long as you are fulfilled, you are doing the right thing

3. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    I, for one can say, I somewhat envy the folks that seem to know everybody. Whenever we have something going on, I have to bring the kids with me. I know absolutely NO ONE. I'm pretty reclusive.[​IMG]

My little one has been in the hospital with us a bit too much, he's been to court with us, parent-teacher meetings, dinner... he goes everywhere. We were those horrible people with a baby in nice restaurants (lucky us, he is a happy boy). Oh, those folks that know everyone... always a helping hand, always knowing who to call. Really, it all has it's benefits. I often feel like an odd duck around here, at school parents talk about people they all know and I just stand there. I barely know my neighbors, although one said she loves chickens. [​IMG]

4. Sweetpea3829

Sweetpea3829 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    This is us...lol. Because we left our home state, in search of cheaper pastures, we do not really know anybody within an hour of us. We're getting to know our neighbors pretty well, and our church family, but for people that we've known for a significant amount of time...well, we have nobody nearby.

Kind of makes it hard to do things without the kids. Ever. Date-night? Yeah...lol. We make do, though...set up a hammock in our backyard, and a firepit, and we have almost weekly date nights after the kids go to bed. And on Sunday mornings, we drop our four kiddos off for sunday school and then instead of hitting the adult class, we head out for breakfast. Ya do what you have to!!!

5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

6. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chillin' With My Peeps

I did a fair amount of travelling in the 80s.
    I had an Australian Passport and a British one because my parents were Poms.
    The Brit one was great for travelling and living in Europe, and the Aussie one was useful
    in countries where the Poms weren't so popular! (Of course everyone loves the Aussies!
    I remember crossing Communist East Germany by train and the security police
    checking our passports and saying "Australia! Kangaroo! Kangaroo!" and jumping around
    the carriage doing roo impressions and making complete fools of themselves!)

xxxxx M

1 person likes this.
  7. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    oz I am a 16 year old girl with pink hair and a gold leafed 2000$ semi auto shot gun but I tell you as soon as I pull out my purple .22 the boys at the gun club know better and go back to moping around. I am a gun princess

3 people like this.
  8. maryhysong

maryhysong Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Claypool, Arizona

9. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

gold? purple? i better keep you away from my daughter - i can see her now with a cinderella shotgun

1 person likes this.
  10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

A legal gun dealer has told me he "has the perfect " shotgun for me: pink. Good home security use and for critter killing. When I get around to buying one....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by