Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    Amazing information, Deb. They're are beauties! Ah, I will dream of breeding *something* special some day. For now I will stick with my 10 girls.... Can't even have a rooster. [​IMG] Dream big, right?

They're not satay chickens (although that is pretty darn funny), ayam = chicken, so Chicken Cerami. The only Indonesian I know applies to food [​IMG] Oh, I love me some babi pangang, pisang goreng, satay... bakpao... [​IMG] Ok, enough of that. I seriously miss Indonesian take-out, but well, don't get that in good ole Alabama. Made some amazing tofu, babi pangang style the other day..

Do y'all hear much about the whole Miss universe thing, Oz? I saw a Phillipino gal won, not sure how big of a deal that is over there. I would imagine the smaller the country, the bigger the deal (Holland would go ballistic over things like that [​IMG])

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I have no doubt the Filipinos are doing cartwheels in the streets over the Miss World winner.They are beauty contest junkies.

Smaller countries are extremely proud of winning international events and competitions - from sports to beauty competitions.

Representing your country means something.

Maybe because they put banners up saying they are world champions of a sport where the world does not compete.

3. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I hatched out these cuties this year for a friend. High percentage Cemani from the pre- greenfire imports

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    And we need to hear it!!! [​IMG]

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I have a very similar looking bird!

6. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA

7. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Yup. Out feral cat attack was that coop. Fortunately the 2 naked necks survived. We lost 5 young guineas and 5 other birds that I have yet to determine.

8. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

[​IMG] I still love them.....

deb

9. Sweetpea3829

Sweetpea3829 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Those Ayam Ceminis caught my eye, too...lol.

My husband said he would not have them here, though. He said they looked too...."evil". He was only partially kidding, lol.

I'd really like to get some French Standard BCMs. A breeding trio, perhaps.

10. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    Maybe they're so evil looking, predators (and humans) thinks twice before trying to steal them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by