Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. tbmorgan

tbmorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2013
    So am I. Go figure. Howdy, neighbor! I am less than 10 min. away from you, Tomtommom.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  2. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013
    I am honestly very surprised that there are so few donkeys there! I would have thought there would be many, seeing as they are such easy keepers and great little workers!

3. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013
    Maybe you should stick a donkey in your golf bag next time...;)

1 person likes this.
  4. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Oh they are lovely very nice...

Here is the cutest video of Lancelot....
    [​IMG]
    Its amazing how much you can do in hand without being able to ride. Apparently he was bought as a companion and needed a job.... Little did they know.

deb

5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

When you go for harness you will probably want to go with a breast collar the kind that can be hooked for a team. Donkeys and mules need special fitting for Regular collars and hames. Though there is a harness maker in North Carolina that specializes in Donkey and Mule Collars. Their necks are shaped differently than a hoirse and need a bit more padding in certain areas. I can dig up the link for you if you want.

I trained my girl with a collar and one time a friend tried to have her pull a heavy tire with just a breast collar the ONLY time i ever saw my mare quit.

I got to ride tandem once.... Riding my gelding and driving my girlfriends horse.... It was awesome.... Only once... I have seen people jump this way.

Sorry guys I slipped off the subject Flash backs of my younger years....

deb

6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

the tropics and mud dont really make a work environment for donkeys.

the caribao is the beast of burden

[​IMG]

and in dryer spots

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  7. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Motza

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. joannefiddler

joannefiddler Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations Oz! She is one lucky water buffalo to be moving to the Oz plantation! I'm sure Bernie is truly thankful for his position with you guys. Look at the incredible husbandry experience he's getting. You have changed his life forever. Well done [​IMG]

9. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    Too funny!

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Bernie has quite the menagerie to look after.

He will leave the house at 4am Tuesday morning and go goat shopping. We will sell off our current buck as both our girls are pregnant and we will be buying two more that are. pregnant. We can start looking for a cheap Anglo-Nubian cross buck slowly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by