Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Wish I would have know about that! But then again, my relatives had trouble figuring out Western Union
roll.png
They didn't even know what PayPal was...

Quote: In the horse breeding industry its called Pop in a Can. comes either in Frozen Straws directly to the vet or in chilled containers that have to be used immediately. One cover by a stallion will deliver enough little swimmers to breed at least five mares. a Money maker when the stallion owner can get several hundred to thousands of dollars per breeding.

deb

Maybe we can do "goat insemination mission" lol
I am busy that trip lol

In the horse breeding industry its called Pop in a Can. comes either in Frozen Straws directly to the vet or in chilled containers that have to be used immediately. One cover by a stallion will deliver enough little swimmers to breed at least five mares. a Money maker when the stallion owner can get several hundred to thousands of dollars per breeding.

deb
I have so many remarks about the thought of pimping out male horses for a fee in the 1000's. I wish i could get that kind of work!

I was thinking more along the lines of "Please stand over here Ben, our technician will be along shortly to collect our sample and offer payment...you won't have to worry about a thing' hahahahaha "Same time tomorrow?" Bwhahahahaha

Lucky horse.

Ok, I'm coming out of lurkdom now that I've read THE WHOLE THING!!
wee.gif
What fun!!!!! Oz, you are an Inspiration!
I was so engrossed in the story that I didn't want to interrupt my reading to post. It only took me 3 days to get through it, but I have more time than usual to read these days as I'm still recovering from an accident and haven't gone back to work yet.
So.....before I get yelled at for just poking my head in and disappearing again, I'll go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Katja and I live in central Alabama. I am a professional Dressage trainer and a Chickenaholic. I have a little 3 acre mini farm, on which I live with my 5 equines (3 horses, 2 donkeys) 3 barn kitties, a doggie and, of course, CHOOKS!! I adore my chickens. I got them as day-old chicks and started with 4 Red Stars and 4 Australorps. Then I added my little Bowie to the mix. He's my little Polish roo, of whom I am insanely proud because he made Chicken of the Week with his picture here last week! All of my friends are insanely jealous that I have a Famous Chicken.
tongue2.gif
ya.gif
. Seriously, these little critters are addicting, but I am not telling any of you here anything you don't already know. I have eggs in the 'bator right now, as we speak, trying to hatch out the first batch of Bowie kids. I am almost finished building a second, smaller coop to use as a grow-out pen for the teenagers once they outgrow the brooder.

So, that's my little world in a nutshell (or should I say eggshell?)

Cheers,
Katja

Ok, I'm coming out of lurkdom now that I've read THE WHOLE THING!!
wee.gif
What fun!!!!! Oz, you are an Inspiration!
I was so engrossed in the story that I didn't want to interrupt my reading to post. It only took me 3 days to get through it, but I have more time than usual to read these days as I'm still recovering from an accident and haven't gone back to work yet.
So.....before I get yelled at for just poking my head in and disappearing again, I'll go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Katja and I live in central Alabama. I am a professional Dressage trainer and a Chickenaholic. I have a little 3 acre mini farm, on which I live with my 5 equines (3 horses, 2 donkeys) 3 barn kitties, a doggie and, of course, CHOOKS!! I adore my chickens. I got them as day-old chicks and started with 4 Red Stars and 4 Australorps. Then I added my little Bowie to the mix. He's my little Polish roo, of whom I am insanely proud because he made Chicken of the Week with his picture here last week! All of my friends are insanely jealous that I have a Famous Chicken.
tongue2.gif
ya.gif
. Seriously, these little critters are addicting, but I am not telling any of you here anything you don't already know. I have eggs in the 'bator right now, as we speak, trying to hatch out the first batch of Bowie kids. I am almost finished building a second, smaller coop to use as a grow-out pen for the teenagers once they outgrow the brooder.

So, that's my little world in a nutshell (or should I say eggshell?)

Cheers,
Katja
Hi Katja

Its great that you stopped by. There is no requirement to hang out. I promise I won't yell.

Congrats on the famous roo!

Hey, I just noticed that a couple of earlier lurkers got fussed at for not speaking up, so I didn't want to get busted for the same, ya knows? ;)

Back
Top Bottom