Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Hey Hi Katja, I used to be a dressage rider back in the day. My dressage trainer actually taught me to long line and eventually to drive. I am retired from riding now but My goal when I got my Percheron was to do driven dressage and eventually Combined Driving... Couldnt afford it. Sigh.

Anyhoo Welcome..... VBG.

deb

2. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    I loved that picture of your Polish! [​IMG] from Shelby county, AL.. *sings "It's a small world"*

3. tbmorgan

tbmorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2013
    Egads! Where in Shelby Co.are you??

4. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013
    Deb, I will be driving my donkey mama when she weans her foal, and eventually I'll drive them both as a pair. I have several friends that are seriously into driving and compete in CDE's, etc. Cool sport!

5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Its freaking amazing to watch on YouTube..... I have never been to an event nor have there been any held here.... Sigh.

deb "who needs a donkey.... LOL ... one day"

1 person likes this.
  6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

i still want a donkey

7. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I saw a donkey for sale in the internet classifieds in manila for php390,000 just over $9000. A camel is $14000 trained. Local horses are $200+ so I will have to just buy some ears for a horse to wear.

1 person likes this.
  8. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013
    That'd better be a fancy donkey for $9K!

Here are my two little sweeties. I got the mama to be a companion for my weanling filly last fall, as my filly wasn't ready to be turned out with my two big geldings yet. I named my donkey Mary Poppins.(I call her Ms. P.) Turns out she was pregnant. (she was a rescue.) June 2 at 6:30 am, little Dochie arrived. (Dochie is short for Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, in case you are wondering.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    Montevallo

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

**** cute ee-awes

There are probably only a few donkeys in the hole country.

Any imported animal is pricey. A nubian OR la mancha goat is $1000. I am sending Bernie off with $60 to buy 2 local goats and bring me change.

The set up for AI to get 50 straws of goat semen and a liquid nitrogen container is about $1000 without shipping and customs and ag dept fees. That would give you about 25 F1 crosses with a 50% loss.

An F1 there is $160 F2 $220 F3 $360

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by