Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

My Caddy is a Spotted Saddle Horse that did not have enough 'spot' to be papered, back in the early 90's, DW bought her cheep for me. Part of the pic is angle and part is a big head. I will have to find a whole body pic, she does fit together without looking silly, she is a tall horse (I'm 5' 11"without a hat)

Scott

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Scott is just 3 feet tall. lol.

So Motza ia settling in. She has a new rope and today she will get a dose of Valbazen.

Bernie went to the weekly version of a farmer's market early this morning. He came back all excited with a new goat. She is some sort of "pure" goat that weighs about 50% more than our current goats. He paid PhP1300 - around $31 and she is about 7 months of age. She shall be named Feta.

1 person likes this.
  3. tbmorgan

tbmorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2013
    You're getting quite the menagerie there now, Oz! Old McOz had a farm...Ee I Ee I Ohhh...(of course, I have no room to talk! lol) Can't wait to see pics of new goat. Love the name!

4. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013
    Btw, are any of you peeps here also on facebook? I just thought it might be nice to friend you there as well...that way we can talk horses, etc. without hijacking Oz's thread...

5. scottcaddy

I put it that aways because I normally wear a straw boater kinda of a hat.
    Bernie is going to be raking in the money in a couple of years, ya-know [​IMG]

Scott

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I dont mind the horse talk.

The thread is about an adventure. Adventures go where they go.

I got the photos of the effects of the rain from two weekends ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have never seen it so muddy!

The water dried out fast - a day later it was back to normal.

The fence on the other side will be finished in 2 weeks. Then Dado will start on this side. The property next door belongs to my wife's father so its not as critical but I do like a secure fence.

7. scottcaddy

Sorry, but I don't do Facebook [​IMG] , hopping I'm not the only one! Maybe Mr. Oz will not get to upset over a few post now and then.

8. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013
    Looking kinda squishy there! Good thing you've got good drainage!

9. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013

Mr. Oz is being very good natured about our equine diversions! :)

10. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013
    To keep it chickeny...I have just discovered my newest chicken love: lavender Ameracaunas! I found someone who has hatching eggs regularly, so after I (hopefully) hatch out my first batch of test babies that are in my bator now, I might just have to see about getting my hands on some of those! Ahh...chicken math.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by