Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I have had a few horses in my life.

We had a fantastic 14.2 hand Arab stallion, a 17.3h Thoroughbred, a 15.2h pinto Australian Stock Horse and Charlie - a 14h mutt horse that could trot faster than the pinto cantered. He would shake me silly bringing the sheep down off the hills.

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

7.2 Earthquake in The Philippines

The epicenter was about 120 miles east of us on the island of Bohol. 6 dead so far. a 400 year old church was wiped out.

Analou said it was pretty violent at out place but no visible damage.

3. tbmorgan

tbmorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2013
    Egads! That's a little close for comfort! Glad your fam is ok!

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

My phone is running hot with text messages from the Phils.

One of the two doe goats we had decided to deliver during the earthquake.

[​IMG]

This was mama on Saturday.

The new baby is Gevrik - a goats milk cheese from Cornwall in the UK, It means little goat in the Cornish language. She is is a second generation CocoBeach Farms goat as her mama was born in the same goat shed.

I will be hunting down a buck sooner than I thought.......................

1 person likes this.
  5. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013
    Awww! Congrats, Grandpapa!

6. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

7. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

I just sent you a PM. Though off topic is pretty ok here because we are all doing "stuff" with critters of all types.... it just bleeds through in family conversations... And I consider this an extension of family.

deb

2 people like this.
  8. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    Y'all just can't catch a break over there. I can only imagine what it's like to get flooded and then have an earthquake.

9. tbmorgan

Mar 22, 2013
    So, last night I was laying in bed, reading and minding my own business, when my dog Sara started a low growl and stared fixedly at my nightstand. I leaned over and looked over the edge of my bed and saw this little fellow coming out from under my bed!
    [​IMG]

I do not recall inviting him to my slumber party!! Anyway, by the time I found a nice long stick to pin him down with so I could catch him, he had slithered off somewhere and I had to toss my room to find him. I finally found him under my dresser. I got him into a pillowcase and took him outside and turned him loose. He's just a harmless little rat snake, but I object to his presence in my house, never mind under my bed, ESPECIALLY while I'm in it!! Nothing like a snake hunt at 1 a.m. After that I was, of course, wide awake and couldn't sleep until after 4, and still had to get up at my usual time. Hence, I am absolutely tired and worthless right now.

Cheers,
    Katja

10. lindz8504

lindz8504 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Blue Ridge Mtns in NC
    This made my skin crawl! UGH!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by