Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I am in struggle town keeping my mouth shut hahahahahaha

I do love them chickens, busting to know who are girls and boys from our recent hatch. Is your mega 'bator in pre-heat phase?
your chicks look great. I have some young favs from the last hatch. i will try and teach bernie and analou how to take pics with the chicks due just before we get there.

we will set between 70 and 80 eggs over the next 11 days.

some of the egg layers are still molting

Double our last attempt, yet only a fraction of what your system is capable of.

All Coco Beach eggs or are you bringing in a few SoCal specials?

They are all generation 1 eggs. I want them to be less than 10 days old and in an isolated brooder when I get there so I can perform all the vaccinations.

As far as SoCal shipped eggs go, I have some very nice heritage Silver Penciled Rocks, Red Dorkings and Single Comb RIR. I will also get hold of some Marans and Legbars and try to find some Sussex.

Still looking for Aussielorps. I may have to pass by dubbleyou-aye.

Bummer, I just lost a 5 week old chick out of the back yard. I think it was a cat or eagle that got it. It was a hatchery RIR. Glad it was not a heritage chick.
sad.png
smile.png

I had a hawk come down and try and take an adult silkie/polish mix right in front of my dogs and 2 little girls. I need a solution for my hawks because I don't want to keep my chickens cooped all the time and a tractor just isn't going to cut it with 26 of them :(

Back
Top Bottom