Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Lillahimed

Lillahimed Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2013
    Sacramento
    I am a veggie for many reasons, but the most important is that my stomach is very fragile. I can't eat a lot of things without getting very sick, meat being one of them. I have noticed it tends to be anything high in fat (which translates into anything that tastes good [​IMG]) Most things I consume anyway in smaller amounts, but the meat just messes with me.. Now I better shout my mouth before your ears bleed [​IMG]

2. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Bwhaahahaha...... [​IMG] a case of what they don't know wont hurt them.

3. perchie.girl

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  4. Lillahimed

Aug 14, 2013
    Sacramento
    Deb I trust that you don't need to lose much excess, I've heard good things about the Paleo diet, me I like my cheese! And trust me it isn't just the "southern mind set" some of the most overweight people I know are vegans [​IMG]

5. perchie.girl

6. Lillahimed

Aug 14, 2013
    Sacramento
    I know this is completely random, but what kind of horse do you have?

7. perchie.girl

My baby girl is a Percheron. Hence why my user ID is PerchieGirl..... LOL. She is seventeen hands one inch and weighs about 2000 lbs right now cuz shes fluffy.... ahem.... In the picture she was somewhere between 1600 and 1800 lbs.... that was in about 2001. At the Del Mar Fair.

[​IMG]

Percheron Breed standard says they should come in either Black or Gray. Greys become white eventually. Though there are other colors that pop up now and then most dont get registered there is no rule against it. She has NO white markings anywhere on her so If I wanted a good picture I would have to use a flash ALL the time.... LOL.

deb

8. Lillahimed

Aug 14, 2013
    Sacramento
    She is stunning [​IMG] I have a grey arabian gelding named Marvin.. I am training him with some help from my dad... I lost my broke horse a week ago and am awaiting the necropsy results.

9. piglett

piglett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    thread hijack in progress :)
    here is a thread that she started
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/832021/the-joys-of-owning-imported-orpingtons
    i think some of her 1/2 englist 1/2 american buff orpingtons would be a great choice for meat birds
    you can see by the pictures that they are just huge
    they are also great to thin out the bugs & ticks at your place

I see that my wife & i need to offer "processing classes" [​IMG]

10. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    I love being disgusting. Bring it on! Pig skin, chicken skin... mmmmmm. Not much that grosses me out, really.

Once mr. Rooster was dead I did a fantastic job cleaning, if I say so myself, even though he was tough as nails to eat [​IMG] I am going to guess stress ruined him. The whole 'dunk in hot water' thing cleaned him up real easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by