Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

our last batch of sows, wilma and betty, ate chickens that tried to sneak some of their feed. a pig can move pretty fast!

the new pig area is chicken proof

i also remember hearing something about not keeping chickens & pigs together
one or the other can get sick but i can't remember which one or with what
i never knew pigs would eat fresh meat.....really fresh

i also remember hearing something about not keeping chickens & pigs together
one or the other can get sick but i can't remember which one or with what
i never knew pigs would eat fresh meat.....really fresh
when I was a lad, egg farms disposed of chickens found lying in the bottom of their cage by dropping them in the pig pen. our pigs only got chickens they caught themselves

I've always heard that pigs will eat pretty much anything they can catch or anything they see or smell blood on. Including each other. Don't know how much truth there is to it though.

I've always heard that pigs will eat pretty much anything they can catch or anything they see or smell blood on. Including each other. Don't know how much truth there is to it though.

Pigs are Omnivores.... just like Chickens, Just about anything we can eat they can eat. My dad told me that when they raised pigs they would taste like what ever they ate. So they made sure they ate good food.

deb

Pigs are Omnivores.... just like Chickens, Just about anything we can eat they can eat. My dad told me that when they raised pigs they would taste like what ever they ate. So they made sure they ate good food.

deb

deb

OH gawd the gremilns are in my computer..... sorry for the multiple posts.....
th.gif

deb

Back
Top Bottom