Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

2. LFchixranch

LFchixranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2013
    South Central PA
    yes that is correct. I simply gave this information as a cheap alternitive for his tomatoes with the possability of hooking a aquaponic fish tank to it in the future as a water source.

3. GhislaineDel

GhislaineDel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2012
    New England
    Yay for the electric being back on! I'm so glad to hear that your and Bernie's families are okay. I hope piglett's is as well.

I'm sorry to hear about so much devastation in other areas though. Are coconut crops likely to be affected too?

My husband just sent me an email with a link that gave us an idea on how much it would cost to install a generator here. At first I thought he was crazy since we just spent twice what we expected to on some home renovations. I hadn't thought about the incubator issue though!

4. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Just stopping by to see if you're ok. Glad to here everyone made it through ok. As soon as I heard what happened I wondered how you were.

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

thanks for stopping by.

we are all fine.

a baby tropical storm (35mph) winds will give us a good soaking this evening but nothing we cant handle.

6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Mrs Oz had to relocate to Cavite, just South of Manila to satisfy local residency for the court handling adoption cases and the birth place of our kids. The required six months finished today and the lease on the house she rented expires tomorrow.

At 3am a truck will pick up her furniture and get it to Manila warf before the ban on trucks in the city commences at 7am.

The plan was to then go to a resort 100 miles south for the night before heading home.

[​IMG]

The path is the red western naughtical highway. Yolanda hit initially just above where the green arrow points and its path of destruction followed to just above where the red arrow points.

As of Tuesday the ferries going operating out of both ends of the island with the red arrow (Panay) are not running. She has a booking for the Thursday night ferry from Batangas south on Manila to Caticlan on Panay.

She may have to leave the car in Manila and fly home. If the ferry routes open, I will drive the car a week or so later.

7. joannefiddler

joannefiddler Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Oz, from the news reports it doesn't seem likely that anything near "normal" operation for any transportation that crosses the destruction area will be available soon. So thankful that you and yours are OK, but heartbroken for those impacted.

8. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Oh Oz..... This sounds like the end of your Adoption ordeal is coming to an end. Does it still look like by Christmas?

deb

9. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Hopefully the judge will make his decision by Christmas

Then the National Statistics Office has to do their thing.

Then the US Embassy

Maybey between March and June....

10. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I was just thinking... would those kids still be around if you had not rescued them?

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by