Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Dealer [​IMG] I sell them to anyone who wants them...LOL

I have 2 hens laying currently & have hatched 9 babies in the past 3 weeks & have more cooking. They multiply rather quickly [​IMG] That's even with eating over half the eggs.

That's it!!! Get my hut built!!! Buyin my ticket now [​IMG]

Very tempting, but hold the beer. I don't drink [​IMG]

Oh yummy!!! About as bad as the spiders I find in mine. Big brown hairy wolf spiders.

Shredded coconut husks would work great.

That had to be 1 BIG toad!!!

2. 3Dchicken

3Dchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    But imagine the TOAD's perspective...there I was sitting in a GREAT spot, catching a lot of bugs and getting pretty full. I must have dozed off a bit because *WHAM* this huge hairy, sharp-ended foot came rushing at me before I could escape! It was h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e!

4. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    lol :D

5. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    The snow here disappeared literally over night. There are random patches of snow here and there. I just want to run around outside! It's probably still cold as anything though. XD

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Yet another fine reason to not own cats. Sorry guys. I can't warm to something my wife is allergic to.

7. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    I have a cat and I've only seen him hack up a hairball once ever. He is prolly 9 or ten years old now. [​IMG] I am allergic to him also.

8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Mrs Oz' allergy requires an adrenaline injection into her leg and two weeks of steroids.

9. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    Oh. My allergies just require eye drops after putting my face up to his fur.

10. piglett

piglett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    OZ i think those 4x6's are going to prove to be way small they say 2 square foot per bird
    so something that small will only allow you about 5 hens & 1 roo in each coop
    once you get a big fat broody who can cover a dozen eggs & most if not all hatch out your in trouble
    i think 8x8 or better yet 8x12 would serve you better
    my buff orpington roo is hitting the mark in good shape so those eggs when the time comes will not be any problem
    my HUGE inported english rooster is a wimp even though he is bigger than my buff
    the wimp is almost never "jumping" the hens ,the buff is the alpha in the coop
    so i'm moving the imported stock to a different building
    i hope i start getting some better results
    if not Renie has a ton of extra roos so i may have to get a better boy if need be
    time will tell

take care
    piglett

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by