Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I had to subscribe to this one... I have family that live in Thailand and Hong Kong and and it sounds like the fun stuff they all go through getting stuff back to their adopted countries. Hope the hatch is going well!

WOW Sure takes us all out of the humdrum of cold winter and snow into the tropics .cant wait to hear the rest of the saga . how many hatched 17?
Your place looks like a Tropical Paradise.
I truly cant believe those eggs went thru all that bumpedy bump on dirt road planes etc..and still many seem good. to go.Unbelievable.!

Cant help this question. coming to mind :..What in the word does USPS do to ruin the eggs in a 3 or 4 days time?

What was the spwcial wrap thing you put on them before you left to give them an easier ride? Maybe that did it?
Most all shipped are bubble wrapped is it like that?

I think if they could be kept from getting wet ....shipping floating in water would be the best for them. They wouldnt get the heavy bumping of the semis.
Now. we
caf.gif
pop.gif
... until you write again

Last edited:
Quote: Greetings! I actually just finished hatching believe it or not! I am happy to hear you are holding temperatures steady with your 1602n and fan...I wasn't so lucky and it resulted in a staggered hatch which began on time but didn't end until five days later...I was a nervous exhausted wreck! Thankfully, despite my shoddy temps. I hatched all 20 eggs!

WOW Sure takes us all out of the humdrum of cold winter and snow into the tropics .cant wait to hear the rest of the saga . how many hatched 17?
Your place looks like a Tropical  Paradise.
I truly cant believe  those eggs went thru all that bumpedy bump on  dirt road planes etc..and still many seem good. to go.Unbelievable.!

Cant help  this  question. coming to mind :..What in the word does USPS do to ruin the eggs in a 3 or 4 days time?

What  was  the spwcial wrap  thing you put on them before you left  to give them an easier ride?  Maybe that did it?
Most all shipped are bubble wrapped is it like that?

I think  if they could  be kept from getting wet ....shipping  floating in water would be the best for them. They wouldnt get the heavy bumping of the semis.
 Now. we   :caf :pop ... until you write again

I bought foam shipping from texaspoultry.com. it was perfect. If i bought shipped eggs I would probably asl the seller to delay collection and send them my foam.

But they would have to be pretty special eggs for me to ship via usps. After reading the first 1000 post of sally sunshines thread I swore off doing it.

Quote: Greetings! I actually just finished hatching believe it or not! I am happy to hear you are holding temperatures steady with your 1602n and fan...I wasn't so lucky and it resulted in a staggered hatch which began on time but didn't end until five days later...I was a nervous exhausted wreck! Thankfully, despite my shoddy temps. I hatched all 20 eggs!
Matt!! you did??? Thats AMAZING!! YAY!!!

My workers spent yesterday splitting and skinning the 6inch bamboo we harvested 4 months ago then we dropped the teak posts in the ground. Any more then about three feet you may hit water here. The floor framing is square and level. The nipa palm thatch arrived for the roof at 6am.

The native coop is taking shape.

My workers spent yesterday splitting and skinning the 6inch bamboo we harvested 4 months ago then we dropped the teak posts in the ground. Any more then about three feet you may hit water here. The floor framing is square and level. The nipa palm thatch arrived for the roof at 6am.

The native coop is taking shape.
It doesnt exist until we see pictures!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom