Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

PALLETS ROCK!
OMG Turn them yellow and you have BIG BIRD!! OMG!! reminds me of my X mother in law.... shhhhhhh LOL
Harmony and I candled the Ameraucana shipped the RIGHT WAY last night..... we have 11 growing on day 7, HOWEVER what is weird to look at them, since they are set fat end up and just being tilted in the egg carton is that 9 of 11 embryos are growing at the top near the air cell, interesting this time around to say the least! I marked the two normals so I can keep track of everyone.... curious if these guys will be stuck or malpositioned. Now I always lay on sides if the air cells are ok, and the emrbyo always is on the side and these you cant realy see the actual embryos as they are under the air cell and span downward so all we see is veins like lightening, we didnt take a pic but I think I will tonight just to show you. Is this how they look in egg turners Oz?
They are very much near the top. On day 7 they dont take up much space though. These were shipped big end up. The cells are Ok for the most part but there are a few that are damaged - they look like they are filled with water - up to the air cell.

And you thought I was nuts with the Phillapino BYC chapter
ep.gif
. Here's my next nutty thought, you guys import everything there so I would assume pallets are readily available. Build coops for your wealthy clients so its a package deal..... Would be a great supplimental income for your staff.

Here's a link to some pallet buildings,http://summerville-novascotia.com/PalletWoodShed/

but I have seen some that look even better if you strip the pallets down and use them for the exterior although in that enviroment IDK. Oz's designer Coups and chook's, one stop shopping. Oh and if you decide to run with this idea I have a plan for a tool to strip the pallets down much quicker and easier, just some angle iron, a couple cuts and a couple welds.

After scouring my photos I could only find one. The chair in the picture above is made from a pallet. The wood for the pallets used to ship the Kodak photo printers my FIL uses have this unique wood that is extremely light but strong. We will recycle anything in the Phils.

We will make the coops. We have access to great hardwoods at 25 cents a board foot but I prefer bamboo. Its free.

The Internet is a wonderful thing.

When sharing ones life with people across the Pacific, I marvel at the technology available today.

When I first moved to the USA from Australia, it was two dollars a minute to call home.

Now we have Skype where we can see each other while we are talking. I can interact with my kids and they can show me something they find interesting. I read stories, play games and share food (we all have good imaginations).

I use Google Voice and have a phone number that when called will contact my cell, work and home phone - great for family emergencies and my line of work. If it goes to voice mail, I get a transcript of the call as a text and email. I can play the voicemail from the web.

Dropbox has been my favorite technology. The cloud is a useful place. I load all my pictures up to the cloud on dropbox. I have shared folders with people. If I wanted to share a set of photos with you, I would simply drop them into a folder I have given you permission to see. I can load them at my leisure and they will load onto your computer in the back ground. No need to watch over them. Its all automatic. All files go automatically to all my PCs. So I get to work and my stuff is already here. You can increase your dropbox size by referring. Here is a referal - http://db.tt/MPfThm5t . If you use that to join - my drop box will increase by 500mb.

The final nifty thing we use is MagicJack. Voice over IP technology has revolutionized phone calls and billing. For almost free, my wife has a US phone number on a phone at her parents place in the Philippines. No international charges!! I can call a 213 area code which is a local call. The best part is that she has a US phone that she can make calls from. All calls to Canada and USA are free. If she needs to call Australia its 2 cents a minute. A call from a Philippine line would be 30 cents a minute. This gives Mrs Oz the security that she can contact me on my cell phone wherever I am - rather on just waiting for me to get home.

Back
Top Bottom