Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Surrounded by all that salt water must make them numb to the stuff
gig.gif

More likely a way to preserve... I betcha most dont have refrigerators.

Grandmas family didnt have a refrigerator till they moved to California... During the fall they would butcher a pig and throw it in the salt box where it was covered with salt completely... They ate on that pig all winter.

deb

we scored a 100' long roll of chainlink fence 6' high for 50 bucks today at the scrap yard

next year we plan to have 1/4th arce fenced off for about 50 buff Orpington cockerels

we are starting to get known among the local Asians for having fresh eggs & poultry

i'm thinking $15 per bird is a fair price as a whole birds is $10 in the store

and they are not all that tasty.

off to class
piglett
You did good with that fence!
WTG piglett!!
Scott

We had a big day today.

Mrs Oz took the car to get it's emission test and registration. She picked up plywood to replace the floor in the family's quarters paint electrical outlets for the eggs house rewire and the kids uniforms.

The TV store was "out of stocks" (sic) so Bernie's TV will have to wait till Monday.

We pulled out a pile of extension cord and put lights on Bernie's room and bathroom and have him four outlets of 220. I will hard wire a 110 in there tomorrow.

I also installed a circuit breaker over there so we can control the power without having to go to the garage.

Tomorrow we will put in 12 outlets for brooder lights and hardwire 110 on the

Oh, it plugs directly to the back of the TV, many products sold here come with three different cables, so you won't need an adapter. And it takes 110-240V, so no transformer required. Really, it would be great for you.

I think a better way to decline would be to mention the logistical issues involved
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom