Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

now if we can just work out how to get halo here....

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. OffGridMAMA

OffGridMAMA Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    valley center, CA
    Love all the pics, beautiful :) you are doing great!

4. CaraDD

CaraDD Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2012
    Dry side of Oregon
    Thank you so much for continuing the story! Keep it comeing! The pictures are great...but it makes me long for sun and beer! :)

5. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    What an amazeing place to live . I would so come visit . Thank you so much for keeping us going with this story. I think its a dream of many a farmer , chicken , animal lover to be able to do what your doing.

6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

We are back in Tiling after an exhausting trip. We ended up with about 300 dollars for the copra. Bernie will get 120. Not bas but not good. Still that's the way it goes when dealing with market prices.

The roof of the coop is almost finished. Looking good.

One day til lock down. Final candling tonight.

7. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Thank you for the support. As my wife says: "sometimes paradise is overrated" but even with the frustrations of living in q 3rd world country, the benefits outway the pitfalls most of the time.

I embarked on this thread just for fun and to keep myself amused as it really is a crazy, ambitious idea. I was surprised to ser that there are over a thousand views already so someone is reading it.

Dont be afraid to say hi if you are one of the silent types.

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. chickety-chick

chickety-chick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2012
    Kentucky
    I am quite thoroughly enjoying your story! Thank you for posting your adventures. It helps to escape, even vicariously, when the temps are cold, and the skies are gray. I am going to be getting my first chicks sometime in March, I believe. I look forward to beginning an adventure of my own. Keep the updates coming! :)

10. hotrodflash

hotrodflash Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    East Texas
    I am really enjoying the story, especially the pictures. Thank you for posting this grand adventure for all of us to share in the fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by