Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I hope you got that couple more to make the 50 mark Oz. Last of my count it was close but you still had a swag of dark eggs to go.

As for the unit of measure conversation. In my trade I have had to work with both, as some things come from Europe, and other the US. Hands down, metric is easier to work with, and technically just as accurate. I would even lean towards more accurate because it is more user friendly.

Sorry, but I had to share this illustration (in jest) hahahaha

Snap-on makes a Phillps thats left canted.
Scott
must be an American company
hide.gif

do they make right canted as well?

I hope you got that couple more to make the 50 mark Oz. Last of my count it was close but you still had a swag of dark eggs to go.

As for the unit of measure conversation. In my trade I have had to work with both, as some things come from Europe, and other the US. Hands down, metric is easier to work with, and technically just as accurate. I would even lean towards more accurate because it is more user friendly.

we stopped at 46. Dark eggs were clear. Its all good and I declare it a success. The next hatch is just a few days away - I pray those peacock get out

In 176 days, this thread had had 60,000 views.
That’s about 350 per day.

It also has over 2500 comments – though probably 60% are mine as I try to engage everybody who makes the effort.

Thank you all for the encouragement to do this. I have learnt so much along the way. I have so much more to learn

The adventure continues.

Quote: Lorien that joke is best told in conversation..... just like this.... thrown in as an after thought. Said enough times to spark interest then Badump bump.... I have NEVER been able to pull it off before.... Thank you.

deb "off to find a bucket of sparks"
or in my line of work, it would be 5 gal. of Prop Wash or 10 Yards of Fight Line.

Scott
LOL.... Muffler bearings... As a woman I heard quite a few Like those just going in to get my car worked on... Till I laughed at em.
deb

You know as a Manufacturing engineer I have no problems switching from one to the other. Its that whole conversion thing that hangs most people up. Going from inches to metric. Both are accurate as long as you know which you are working with. And have measuring tools for each. Because my designs will have both types of hardware depending on interfaces.

Its that whole nomenclature for threads vs size that gets me.....
say as in a #8-24 UNC for a coarse thread and #8-32 UNF for fine thread, Where as the equivalent but not interchangeable would be M4 x .07 for both. Yep I had to look them up.... there is no fine and coarse for that.

So since we (the US) manufacture with components that come from many other countries, we have to be versatile and flexible. Double tooling double inventory..... It all is moot though since The work I do is now being done in other Countries.... Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom