Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

its 700 here and i have not been to sleep.

I was wound up at midnight so I started packing shipping boxes for the Philippines, Because of the shear numbers of Filipinos sending stuff home, there are several companies that offer door to door at very cheap rates compared to any other international shipping. AN 18x18x24 box costs 50 bucks door to door in Manila - regardless of weight. It takes 4-6 weeks. its $70 to our place and takes 8 weeks.

I am shipping a couple of 110--220 power coverters, a few boxes of nail gun nails, a gallon of cold galvanizing compound, some 14" cut off wheels, brooder lamps and 10kg of vitamins and minerals a chinese company sent me as a sample and some sundry tools that are cheaper here and hard to find there. It should make for a 200lb box.

I have lunch with my folks who are over from Oz and visiting my sister so I better ger 2 or 3 hours sleep

we use LBC to forward our goodies to the PI
they charge $100 for a 18x18x32" box
we get so many named brand t-shirts shoes & shorts from the bin at the local dump
we have sent 4 boxes this year , i guess no one in the province will be walking around 1/2 naked with us on the case :)
if i have stuff that cost real money i build a plywood box that will just fit inside the LBC box
this prevents the bandits at customs from ripping a corner on the box & reaching a hand in for free goodies
i used this trick last year when sending 2 full sets of wrenches to my farther-inlaw (american & metric)
he thought he had died & gone to heaven
no more chinese junk wrenches for him
life is good

had a lead on a trapper but he's leary because my closest neighbor sometimes still lets their dog loose. Here you have to have a license for leghold traps and he has let his expire.... sigh. I have a live trap but so far nothing. I have a couple more old hens I need to process in the next couple of weeks. When I do I will save the guts for bait

you need a live trap
if you get a dog just send it on it's way

we use LBC to forward our goodies to the PI
they charge $100 for a 18x18x32" box
we get so many named brand t-shirts shoes & shorts from the bin at the local dump
we have sent 4 boxes this year , i guess no one in the province will be walking around 1/2 naked with us on the case :)
if i have stuff that cost real money i build a plywood box that will just fit inside the LBC box
this prevents the bandits at customs from ripping a corner on the box & reaching a hand in for free goodies
i used this trick last year when sending 2 full sets of wrenches to my farther-inlaw (american & metric)
he thought he had died & gone to heaven
no more chinese junk wrenches for him
life is good
LBC retapes and straps the boxes in front of you here. I have never had a problem with the seals being broken,

your father in law must be happy with those tools. he probably uses them as a pillow when he sleeps

LBC retapes and straps the boxes in front of you here. I have never had a problem with the seals being broken,

your father in law must be happy with those tools. he probably uses them as a pillow when he sleeps

the seal wasn't broken the corner or the box was torn
some people ended up with only 1/2 of their box full
the rest "grew legs"
rant.gif

next time i think i'll go for a 1/2" drill with voltage converter

Last edited:
the seal wasn't broken the corner or the box was torn
some people ended up with only 1/2 of their box full
the rest "grew legs"
rant.gif

next time i think i'll go for a 1/2" drill with voltage converter
We have a 50amp transformer hard wired to our house and garage for us appliances and tools.

the egg house has 220 mains only and 2 x 1500w 110v converters

Back
Top Bottom