Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I had Bells Palsey and it is scary as heck, especially until it is diagnosed. I thought I had a stroke as well.
Took a few months but I made a full recovery. I am sure you will as well.
wee.gif

I finally got my chicks.. 5 in total: 2 buff orps, 2 black sexlinks & a mystery that I hope to be a Wyandotte; but I have no idea really!! They are 2 weeks old now & doing great. Had an issue w/ pasty butt the first day, washed the BSL's up & put probiotics in their water & everyone is doing much better now. No more issues. They're funny to watch & im happy to have them & will be happier when they can go outside!! Thank you to everyone on BYC if it weren't for you, idk what I wld have done during our short lived pasty butt dilemma!

I finally got my chicks.. 5 in total: 2 buff orps, 2 black sexlinks & a mystery that I hope to be a Wyandotte; but I have no idea really!! They are 2 weeks old now & doing great. Had an issue w/ pasty butt the first day, washed the BSL's up & put probiotics in their water & everyone is doing much better now. No more issues. They're funny to watch & im happy to have them & will be happier when they can go outside!! Thank you to everyone on BYC if it weren't for you, idk what I wld have done during our short lived pasty butt dilemma!

Congrats on the new chicks! Beware...they are highly addictive. Lol.

I've been so busy with the Easter HAL. I have a pre-hatch going right now with 15 silver coturnix quail, 3 Olive egger, 3 Sapphire/OE, 6 Orust, 7 Twentse, 4 Niederrhiners. I have 120 A&M quail coming for the HAL. I have realized that I need a hatcher. I have everything but a thermostat. Time to order another STC-1000. I also have a 2000 lumen flashlight coming because I would like to see in my OE eggs.

I've been so busy with the Easter HAL. I have a pre-hatch going right now with 15 silver coturnix quail, 3 Olive egger, 3 Sapphire/OE, 6 Orust, 7 Twentse, 4 Niederrhiners. I have 120 A&M quail coming for the HAL. I have realized that I need a hatcher. I have everything but a thermostat. Time to order another STC-1000. I also have a 2000 lumen flashlight coming because I would like to see in my OE eggs.
You have a great variety there! Hope you post pics!!

Back
Top Bottom