Getting the girls in the run - feed & water

Quote:
Beautiful job! A coop looks like such a simple thing to build. After helping DH with ours, I know that is not the case. You obviously put a lot of time and effort - and thoughtful planning! - into yours. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Is your roof plastic or metal. I was thinking of doing the corrugated plastic since weather isn't an issue there. How did you cap off the top? More photos! LOL.

Also - I just popped on to ask the same question about the food/water
smile.png
I love this site!!!

I went with the metal roofing as it was a bit cheaper than the plastic and will hold up much longer. They sell a ridge cap that screwed onto the top of the peak. I wanted to close off the airflow to it a bit more so I shimmed the underlayment higher at the last 2" of the roof. I then capped this with metal drip edge that you would use above a window. (This made the low points of the wavy roof show the same galvanized metal as the rest of the roof instead of the wood.

I like the metal now that it is done, it looks very nice and it is also very light weight.

Tomorow, I plan to install the hardware cloth to the door and install it on the run. There is still a small door that needs to be built under the coop, this will be screened too. For now, I can screw some hardware cloth over the hole and let the girls out.
big_smile.png

Oh.. well, I do need to make a pop door too!

Back
Top Bottom