GFQ Sportsman incubator humidity isues

Pandang81

Songster
Sep 5, 2021
South Texas
I decided to sell all my smaller incubators & now have the GFQ 1502 Sportsman incubator. My question is how do you control the humidity better with it? I can’t get humidity right. When I fill the pan & add the moisture wick for lockdown the highest the humidity gets is 50%. I need it to be at least 60-65% for hatching. How do I get it that high?

I decided to sell all my smaller incubators & now have the GFQ 1502 Sportsman incubator. My question is how do you control the humidity better with it? I can’t get humidity right. When I fill the pan & add the moisture wick for lockdown the highest the humidity gets is 50%. I need it to be at least 60-65% for hatching. How do I get it that high?
I would get a second, calibrated hygrometer and make sure that the incubator reading is correct. It could be wrong. My sportsman reads 1.5 degrees warmer than the temp really is. Just to make sure it’s not a reading error.

If the reading is correct, you can cover up a vent hole or two to see if that helps hold moisture in.

I put extra containers of water in the bottom with sponges or old washcloths in them. I can get it up to 60% that way without covering any vents.

Back
Top Bottom