Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pick a Silkie Rooster/Cockerel to breed to a Malay Hen?

Scaredy
20220922_134947.jpg
007(Not the greatest picture) he's my suspected Khaki.
20221128_112311.jpg

ScaredyView attachment 3405697007(Not the greatest picture) he's my suspected Khaki. View attachment 3405698
I’d say if you want silkies with longer tails breed 007, if your going more for Silkie characteristics I’d go with Scaredy. I’d also go based of who has the best walnut comb, feathered feet, body structure and best 5 toes.

I’d say if you want silkies with longer tails breed 007, if your going more for Silkie characteristics I’d go with Scaredy. I’d also go based of who has the best walnut comb, feathered feet, body structure and best 5 toes.
Scaredy has the same tail type, has a Smooth Walnut comb, & 5 toes.
20211007_150702.jpg
007, has 12 Toes, & a modified Pea Comb. I had to dub his comb partially, it was obstructing his vision. This is a picture before dubbing though.
20220921_101508.jpg

Scaredy has... 5 toes.
007, has 12 Toes
Huh? 5 toes vs. 12 toes?

I'm guessing that means Scaredy has 5 toes per foot, for a total of 10, and 007 would have 6 toes per foot for a total of 12.

Scaredy has the same tail type, has a Smooth Walnut comb, & 5 toes.

007, has 12 Toes, & a modified Pea Comb. I had to dub his comb partially, it was obstructing his vision. This is a picture before dubbing though.

It sounds like Scaredy has the better comb and the better toe count, for this project.
Body type might be even more important, but I don't know enough to recognize who is better there.

So unless there is another reason to go with 007, I would probably choose Scaredy for the cross with Malay.

Huh? 5 toes vs. 12 toes?

I'm guessing that means Scaredy has 5 toes per foot, for a total of 10, and 007 would have 6 toes per foot for a total of 12.

It sounds like Scaredy has the better comb and the better toe count, for this project.
Body type might be even more important, but I don't know enough to recognize who is better there.

So unless there is another reason to go with 007, I would probably choose Scaredy for the cross with Malay.
The modified Pea comb wouldn't matter, much really since he'll be crossed with Malay which has a Smooth Walnut comb.

12, toes isn't a big deal either, just a result of polydactly.

Huh? 5 toes vs. 12 toes?

Agree

Back
Top Bottom