Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
Maybe he'll allow it if you keep explaining your ideas.
See... that USUALLY don't work. Sometimes he is on board, if we have, say a casualty in our flock. But what USUALLY happens, chickens just appear out of "thin air" 🤣🤣🤣 He is the "treat giver" to our flock. The only time he associates with the chickens is to feed them extra special stuff. Like bird seed or some form of left overs from dinner, they know this well. Then he comes to me, like "where did * enter chicken here* come from? " I giggle every time, and give him the "I don't know" shrug. 😁🤣😂 tell him they must be doing chicken math without me

But what USUALLY happens, chickens just appear out of "thin air"

I enjoy hearing how other people arrange these things! Things work a bit differently in my family--the adult most likely to want an animal is also most likely to say no because of the work/expense, so it's just a matter of notifying the other adult, who typically says "You've finally decided? Go ahead."

Do you have any Buff silkies you can cross to your D'uccles?
You just gave me an idea @MysteryChicken . I'm going to try this when I get another buff silkie. Would I use a male or female buff silkie? I need some advise. I have a sebright hen, should I breed her to a pure black Cochin, a sultan bantam, or a pure black silkie.

You just gave me an idea @MysteryChicken . I'm going to try this when I get another buff silkie. Would I use a male or female buff silkie? I need some advise. I have a sebright hen, should I breed her to a pure black Cochin, a sultan bantam, or a pure black silkie.
I'd use either a Buff silkie cockerel, or a pullet, so it doesn't matter the order.

If you breed you sebright to any black bird, the chicks produced will be black with gold leakage.

I don't really know exactly what genes are at play with sultans. I'm not sure if they're recessive white, dominate white, or silver.

Back
Top Bottom