Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
I've been reading through this thread, and this project is so cool! I might try this myself, though the breeds I have I'd be crossing is buff brahma (pretty sure its a cockerel) and two buff orpington pullets. I have a silkie roo thats pretty big, so I think I might cross silkie roo x orpington hen and brahma roo x silkie hen, to see what offspring turns out bigger. Do you think this could work? Or wrong crosses?

I've been reading through this thread, and this project is so cool! I might try this myself, though the breeds I have I'd be crossing is buff brahma (pretty sure its a cockerel) and two buff orpington pullets. I have a silkie roo thats pretty big, so I think I might cross silkie roo x orpington hen and brahma roo x silkie hen, to see what offspring turns out bigger. Do you think this could work? Or wrong crosses?
I would just use Brahma, & silkie, but you can probably use Silkie/Orpington X Silkie Brahma.

I would just use Brahma, & silkie, but you can probably use Silkie/Orpington X Silkie Brahma.
Thats what I was thinking of doing, take the biggest offspring of each cross and cross them together. The result should then be big enough to start getting all the silkie features bred into it. Plus using Orps and brahmas widens the genepool.

Back
Top Bottom