Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
Oh yeah, those look nice! No polish for you
I may get some Polish for my grandpa because he likes that breed though.
I got him some white crested black Polish bantams 2 years ago, plus some Hamburgs, but they started dropping dead over a few days.

I may get some Polish for my grandpa because he likes that breed though.
I got him some white crested black Polish bantams 2 years ago, plus some Hamburgs, but they started dropping dead over a few days.
Forget polish get some Salmon Favorelles! Just thinking about all the kind of crosses you could pull off with those fluffy bird is giving me goosebumps. Makes me sad that my area has limits on flock sizes or I might be tempted to get some for crossing.

This project is designed to create giant fluffy chickens.

Who doesn't love Silkies, & wish they had some the size of Brahmas?

I have both Silkies, & Brahmas, color patterns isn't a concern until Silkie feathering, 5 toes, & black skin are produced.

I'll only be using my largest Silkie cockerels/roosters to breed with my Brahmas.

Pictures of my large Silkie cockerels.

First Boy is next to a Bantam Silkie cockerel for size comparison.View attachment 2013213View attachment 2013217Second Boy next to a 5 gallon Bucket.View attachment 2013219View attachment 2013221Here's a picture of my Brahmas.View attachment 2013223
Yes!

Here's a good view of my biggest Silkie Rooster, & F1 Giant Silkie cross cockerel. My Project Giant Silkie is still growing. He's bigger then then the last update picture.
20201031_150113.jpg
20201031_150103.jpg
20201031_150043.jpg

Forget polish get some Salmon Favorelles! Just thinking about all the kind of crosses you could pull off with those fluffy bird is giving me goosebumps. Makes me sad that my area has limits on flock sizes or I might be tempted to get some for crossing.
Interesting idea.
I didn't see your post.

Back
Top Bottom