Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
Good news, he's breeding the Silkie hens, the eggs are fertile. Will be collecting, & hatching soon. It's been 2.4 weeks since I had the group together. Checking again in 4 days to confirm.

Last edited:
Check out the size of this Large Fowl Silkie chick?
20210507_091613.jpg
20210507_091738.jpg
Same size as a Large Fowl Orpington chick.

Your birds look great.

Cool... We ordered 3 Saipan, next I need to replace the Silkies... I may do hatching eggs like before for some breeds.

We are working on getting Project Godzilla back up and running. I think we are going to go for Fuzzy and Tall as the end goal. After keeping the Cornish X I can safely say no to including them in the project. I didn’t like the fact they died of genetic issues. So nope. I think a better choice breed wise for Height and health for us maybe Jersey Giants, Brahmans are still a must as well. If I can get my hands on one Belt Hatchery Jungle Fowl they are monsters size wise too, saw them a good 5 years ago... they are definitely the big Shamo/Saipan type Versus the RJF light birds.

Your birds look great.

Cool... We ordered 3 Saipan, next I need to replace the Silkies... I may do hatching eggs like before for some breeds.

We are working on getting Project Godzilla back up and running. I think we are going to go for Fuzzy and Tall as the end goal. After keeping the Cornish X I can safely say no to including them in the project. I didn’t like the fact they died of genetic issues. So nope. I think a better choice breed wise for Height and health for us maybe Jersey Giants, Brahmans are still a must as well. If I can get my hands on one Belt Hatchery Jungle Fowl they are monsters size wise too, saw them a good 5 years ago... they are definitely the big Shamo/Saipan type Versus the RJF light birds.
Thanks, I hope you have luck.

I need find someone else to take the chicks, something came up, & they can't pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom