Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Could it be albino or I guess one of the parents or both could be a Silkie mix for it to have white skin.
Eyes aren't red, but that doesn't mean it may not be an albino though. Some Albinos have normal colored eyes, so not gonna rule it out.

A mix, with what I'm not sure. All my birds in the bantam coop are either Duckwing, or partridge based. Only Wheaten I have is a Malay(Dwarf), that's split for Duckwing, & hasn't started laying yet.

Hatched this oddball Silkie recently. White skinned, & Wheaten/Partridge split. View attachment 3454547

I'll be curious to see whether it grows silkie-type feathers or normal feathers.
And whether the feet get darker over the next few weeks.

I can think of a couple genetic explanations for what is going on, but those two points will probably make it much clearer.

I'll be curious to see whether it grows silkie-type feathers or normal feathers.
And whether the feet get darker over the next few weeks.

I can think of a couple genetic explanations for what is going on, but those two points will probably make it much clearer.
I'll update, on the oddball.

I can say, it's not Ghost, as her eggs are pure white. The chick hatched from a large tinted egg from one of my other silkies.
She's also Red Breasted like a Duckwing based bird.
She's Silkie/Brahma X Silkie. Brother is Floof.
20220903_172948.jpg

Back
Top Bottom