Gift for hostess of thanksgiving dinner?

my vote...

pointsettia.. fresh flowers... (walmart had some really nice fall ones, right in the isle
wink.png
)or some kind of candle center piece.

By the way I hate candles but others dont.

oh and while your passing out vacations ... I'll take a few...
big_smile.png

I usually pick up a nice basket, fill it with fresh apples- then mix in a canning jar a homemade crust mix (beat everything together except the water until flaky) sugar and seasonings in another jar (also mix up the topping for an apple crisp). Then they can have a pie/crisp for after the holidays.
(no brainer here) But the best way to get invited back is to help clean up do some dishes, work together and make sure you are having fun.
Also, wind chimes, crystals for a window, even a bird feeder with some seed, none of them have to be huge or expensive, just enough to say thank you.

Good luck!

Make the soap you've been making and add a couple of crocheted washcloths. Arrange them on a Dollar Tree Christmas plate, tie with a afat piece of ribbon and you have an awesome, inexpensive gift that will also initiate alot of conversation!!

Otherwise, cut up some of those apples you have and simmer them in some plain brandy then drop a few slices in the bottom of a nice bottle and pour your home made hooch in and tie a ribbon around the neck and give that..everyone will try that!!
smile.png

You're creative, you'll think of something nice......
wink.png

WOW some really fantastic ideas! THANK YOU

They have chickens too - we always laugh and joke about taking them eggs!
gig.gif
They offered us apples a couple of months ago when I had two tree's of my own going, I said Yeah I'll take the apples if you take eggs! (my apples are all gone now)

We're going to Walmart on Sunday - I think I'll look and see what plants they have, if that doesn't work out - I'll look for a pretty cookie jar or something along those lines, and fill it with goodies. A soup tourine sounds like a good idea too!

Perhaps I can squeeze in some spicy apple cider and some other cute little goodies for when its cold.

I'm going to look on Amazon as well, still have time if I see osmething cute.

along the idea of the soup tourine, what about taking the dishes you are passing in pyrex dishes or whatever and giving them to the hostess?

no bringing pans home and the casserole dishes aren't that expensive.

i didn't read the whole thread, so hope i am not doubling an idea.

I think a nice potted plant would be a nice idea. Something to brighten up the house for the cold winter
smile.png

I think it's nice that you want to take a gift. So many people don't do that stuff enough, myself included. I want to make a point to do more, put thought into doing nice things for others. Go you!

Back
Top Bottom