Gifted pre- fab coop!!!

ButtonquailGirl14

Crossing the Road
Jul 13, 2017
Northport WA
Hey Flock!
My mom is a realestate agent, and recently sold a house to a acquaintance, (they are friends now) and the home owners left their pre-fab chicken coop! The lady is giving it to me, and I’m pretty exited, but I’m wondering what I should do to it. I’ll get pics as soon as we get it, but looking for any suggestions! Also, would bleach be a good thing to spray it down with? It hasn’t had chickens in it for quite some time, but better safe then sorry!

Hey Flock!
My mom is a realestate agent, and recently sold a house to a acquaintance, (they are friends now) and the home owners left their pre-fab chicken coop! The lady is giving it to me, and I’m pretty exited, but I’m wondering what I should do to it. I’ll get pics as soon as we get it, but looking for any suggestions! Also, would bleach be a good thing to spray it down with? It hasn’t had chickens in it for quite some time, but better safe then sorry!
Wonderful!
Look forward to the photos.
Hopefully it's not too dirty! It won't hurt to clean up surfaces with some clorox or lysol. If you have it, Virkon S or Oxine would be even better.
Let the coop dry out really well - I would probably even place a fan in there to speed up the drying process.

on my word as a chicken lady:highfive::lau it’s for the separation needs I already have! Or so I think :gigI mean, I already have a separation run.... DANG IT:lau
Ahhh! @aart told on you LOL
Yes, if you are needing that to make your existing flock/situation better, then put that chicken calculator away!:)

Wonderful!
Look forward to the photos.
Hopefully it's not too dirty! It won't hurt to clean up surfaces with some clorox or lysol. If you have it, Virkon S or Oxine would be even better.
Let the coop dry out really well - I would probably even place a fan in there to speed up the drying process.
Thanks! Now I have 3 coops... oh boy, chicken math:th:gig

Ahhh! @aart told on you LOL
Yes, if you are needing that to make your existing flock/situation better, then put that chicken calculator away!:)
don’t worry guys, I always have my flocks best interest in mind... I’m definitely not adding to my flock any time soon as my flock has a “no butcher” policy, and I’m already up to 16! It’s this spring I have to worry about :gig North 40 is so good at getting rare and beautiful breed chicks in in perfect condition! I guess I’ll just have to send my mom in for feed until the Chick Days are over!

Back
Top Bottom