girl....I hope?

Quote:
I'm so very excited. Can't wait for easter eggs. Will it take longer for them to start laying because its winter?
pop.gif

It might. Some hens that are laying before winter months tend to slow or even stop laying. So it might keep them from laying as soon as they would. I am new to the EEs but received mine Dec. 3, 2009 and seen on many post that a lot of people say they naturally tend to take longer to start laying than most other breeds. My breed crosses (Which don't include EE) are ages ranging from 28-32 weeks old. A few of them have started laying and the rest have not about 2-3 are laying and the other 17-18 are not. But it seems that I get one more laying every week. Good luck and hope you get eggs soon.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm so very excited. Can't wait for easter eggs. Will it take longer for them to start laying because its winter?
pop.gif

I just rehomed a hen that looks like the one on the right.

She laid a tan colored egg... basically brown.

Quote:
pop.gif

I just rehomed a hen that looks like the one on the right.

She laid a tan colored egg... basically brown.

Yeah don't be to disappointed if you don't get what you expect. I have heard that they can have brown eggs like Mahonri, or other colors like tan, pinkish, light brown, etc.

As for the aggression, my girls used to puff up, raise neck feathers, chest bump and even mount each other! And I know they were all girls because they all started laying eggs right after they did all this fighting.

Back
Top Bottom