Girlies (& a few boys) getting settled in for the night! PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by earnhardtlvr, Jul 8, 2011.

1. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Here r some pics of my babies coming in the coop and settling in for the night: (weren't too happy with me for flash going off on them tho [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now...this pole was NOT meant to b a roost and we never thought they would get up there, but one of our EE's, Ms. T, and polish roo, Don King, hang out here together every night!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Has anyone else harrassed their babies at night when they were getting ready for bed? Any pics??

2. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    LOL...I just went back out to check on them cuz my lovely DH decided he needed to set some fireworks off and they r REALLY mad now!! They r just starting to cluck...so they were really CLUSSING at him!! [​IMG]

3. ChickyLoo

ChickyLoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    New Hampshire
    I love it when they are getting settled & yes I bave harrassed them cuz they look so darn cute [​IMG] no pics but I enjoyed yours! Lovely looking bunch!

4. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:THANKS!!

5. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I love your perches (Even the one you didn't make hehe) I have a similar ladder for mine and they love it. Your babies are so cute I can't wait until mine get bigger. What size is your coop?

6. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:The coop is like 7 ft wide, 17ft long, and about 8ft tall inside. Here is a pic of it sanding at the door looking in:

[​IMG]

This is a pic at the end of the run looking back at the coop:

[​IMG]

7. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    Quote:The coop is like 7 ft wide, 17ft long, and about 8ft tall inside. Here is a pic of it sanding at the door looking in:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83907_coop15.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83907_the_yard.jpg

Wow that's an amazing coop!! They limit me to under an 8 ft by 10 ft here. They didn't tell me how many I could have but all new barn structures for poultry have to be that size or smaller according to the town so I can have lots but they all have to be little lol. I have a big huge barn that I am going to put a small coop in though so I will have a second one that will be bigger [​IMG].

8. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83907_coop15.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83907_the_yard.jpg

Wow that's an amazing coop!! They limit me to under an 8 ft by 10 ft here. They didn't tell me how many I could have but all new barn structures for poultry have to be that size or smaller according to the town so I can have lots but they all have to be little lol. I have a big huge barn that I am going to put a small coop in though so I will have a second one that will be bigger [​IMG].

The coop is a converted smokehouse. My Dad built it prob 40 yrs ago is my Mom's best guess. We used to raise pigs when I was little. When we stopped raising pigs it just became a storage area. I think my Dad would b happy knowing that we had put his bldg to good use!

9. Chickens_in_a_nutshell

Chickens_in_a_nutshell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Montana
    I love them, they're both healthy and beautiful! [​IMG]

10. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    OK...so if u delete a pic to make room for other pics, it takes them out of ur post! Sorry about that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by