Giving pipped duck eggs to Goose?

SunshineRain55

Hatching
Jun 22, 2020
Hi! I have 3 pipped mallard eggs in my incubator and I think it is malfunctioning. I’ve successfully hatched multiple times in it - but this time it’s being wonky and won’t hold humidity or temp constant. I’m worried the eggs won’t make it. I have a Chinese goose sitting on a nest outside and she’s a few days past when I expected a hatch, so worried her eggs won’t make it. Wondering if I could sneak the Mallard eggs under her. Anyone have luck giving eggs this far along to a broody goose? Any tips on how to do it so she’ll take them and see them through to hatch?

Update - they ended up hatching on their own! Now I’m wondering if I could give the ducklings to the goose still to ‘adopt’ since I don’t think her eggs are viable? My other geese have goslings already and I feel sad for her. I was planning on raising the mallards to grow my flock (lost my male right before these eggs were laid and the girls aren’t very broody, so I helped them out on the incubating!) but now wondering if my Goose would be happier with some ducklings as her charges.

Back
Top Bottom