Glad to be here!

Sjj22172

In the Brooder
May 1, 2019
Texas
I have chicks coming in a little less than a month and am learning everything I can in preparation. My Buff Orpingtons and Light Brahmas are already named and the coops are being built (although they wont be using them right away). I'm super excited to start this journey. I have had chickens before but never as new hatchlings and am excited and anxious to dive in...

Hello and welcome to BYC - it’s great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! It's a smart thing to be building your coop's before your chick's get there, as coop building takes time. You will want to be moving them out of the brooder as soon as possible, because they grow so fast (especially if you are brooding them the house). Make sure that the coop's are predator-proof. Plan old chicken wire will keep the chicken's in, but it won't keep the predator's out because it's too weak.

Back
Top Bottom