- Jun 28, 2011
Previous Contest Winner - The "Mod" Coop by FlappyFeathers
This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)
This is a contest to see who can create the best coop/run article for BYC. We define the "best article" to mean pages with the most information, pictures, plans, details, etc. that will be very helpful to others who want to build a coop and/or run. We don't care if your coop was made out of recycled pallets and was made in 2 days, or if it was made out of the highest grade materials, took 5 months, and is a scale model of the Taj Mahal. We want helpful and informative coop articles!
First Place: The winner will receive a $50 Gift Certificate for the BYC Store!
Second Place: (at least 2) will get a $30 Gift Certificate for the BYC Store!
Third Place: (at least 2) will get a $20 Gift Certificate for the BYC Store!
You'll be using the BYC Page & Article Creation Tool to design your pages and creating a page here:
Deadline: The deadline will be based on the number of submissions we receive and how quickly we get them. Usually we wait for at least 30 - 40 submissions. Once we get "enough" we'll give everyone at least 1 week notice before the contest ends so they can put final touches on their submissions.
Things to include in your page:
- Start with a finished coop/run picture at the top of your page
- Have a write-up of how you built your coop/run. Include any information you think would be helpful to other people who may want to build something similar. If you are unsure how to create a page, see our Coop pages and member pages tutorial here.
- If you have them, include designs & plans you used to build your coop/run.
- Pictures of your coop/run as it was being constructed.
- Finished pictures of your coop/run.
- A list of things you want to change or add to your coop/run.
- Additional information about what you learned, what you'd do differently the next time, and any other tips for potential coop builders.
1. Follow the format of some of the existing chicken coops.
2. The more details and pictures the better!
3. Plans plans plans. Very few coop designs have plans available. If you post plans (rough or detailed) of your coop you'll get bonus points for sure!
4. Pictures - We all love lots of big beautiful and helpful pictures!
5. Remember, this is a contest for the most helpful coop build page and not the best looking coop.
IMPORTANT RULE: ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other sites like Photobucket, personal websites, etc.
TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
- Navigate to the "coop designs" section of the site.
- Click on the button
- Select a "Category" coop size that best matches your coop's size.
- Create a very helpful article with lots of pictures and information.
- Reply to this thread with a link to your coop page you created.
- Only pages created here on BYC will be accepted. I.e. no threads or personal/off-site blog posts, etc.
- Have Fun!
NOTE: If you're one of those modest types and want to add your coop to the site but don't want to enter the contest, that is fine. We'd still love to have your pictures posted as a BYC article!
We look forward to seeing your coop pages, pictures, and information!!
For inspiration, here are some previous Coop Article contest winners: