Glass gem corn harvest

T3rrorToff33

Chirping
Nov 27, 2021
Thought id post of my glass gem corn harvest!
I wanted to plant corn in my garden for about 7 years and FINALLY got around to it this year.

Some of them ended up as sweet corn hybrids so instead of saving those I just cooked and ate them after harvest, pretty good meal I'd say!

I harvested them way too late (early November) because the ears looked so small, and I'll definitely supplement the seeds i from those cobs with some from the supplier we bought the seeds for these ones for.

Had a fun time separating all the seeds by color for next year though I know that it doesn't really affect the outcome. But I think It'd be funny to pollinate the plants with only plants that grew from the same color of seed (if that makes sense?) Just to see what happens.

To be honest I'm just bored most of the year so it's not like I have anything better to do

Attachments

• 20211021_190903.jpg
    20211021_190903.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 20211021_190929.jpg
    20211021_190929.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20211021_151123.jpg
    20211021_151123.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 22
I wanted to plant corn in my garden for about 7 years and FINALLY got around to it this year.

Some of them ended up as sweet corn hybrids so instead of saving those I just cooked and ate them after harvest, pretty good meal I'd say!

I harvested them way too late (early November) because the ears looked so small, and I'll definitely supplement the seeds i from those cobs with some from the supplier we bought the seeds for these ones for.

Had a fun time separating all the seeds by color for next year though I know that it doesn't really affect the outcome. But I think It'd be funny to pollinate the plants with only plants that grew from the same color of seed (if that makes sense?) Just to see what happens.

To be honest I'm just bored most of the year so it's not like I have anything better to do
it's like me plucking every seed from a strawberry. got nothin better to do.. have you tried pop-corning a few?

it's like me plucking every seed from a strawberry. got nothin better to do.. have you tried pop-corning a few?
OH!! didnt consider that at all! i assume sweet corn is probably better for popping, but i have 3 more cobs in the fridge (wanted to cook them but forgot so now they're dry lol) so MIGHT try it for the heck of it

I gre this too this year. I want to see if I can get it to pop. I haven't tried yet. It's a flint corn I believe.

Back
Top Bottom