GM Foods and what they are doing to us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awful!!! Guess next year I'll hunt out heritage breeds for my garden, even though my little plot of land won't make a difference, why give them even a bit??

Stacy

I just dicussed this topic in my environmental class. I'm vegetarian and literally live out of my garden. I try to go as organic as I can when it comes to planting.

I haven't read the article as yet, but I do know.

We are the first county in the nation to ban the growing of GMO's.

I like to use Seedsavers rather than the Burpee and Northrup-King seeds to avoid any possibility of my backyard garden being full of gm veggies. Seedsavers specializes in heirloom varieties, so I get a better selection than I can from Home Depot or the garden center.

For those who missed viewing the documentary I posted which was available on google vdeo and youtube (English translation of the french documentery> The World According To Monsanto) ... just as was warned in the title ("...the documentary americans will never see"...)
... it has been pulled from the internet.
(You can go to Greenpeace and order a DVD copy though that is the only place the English version is available as far as I am able to ascertain)

Last edited:
Interesting someone else subscribes to Mercola. DLH I did not know it had been pulled from the internet, kinda scary how long their arms can reach & pull strings.

Unfortunately this is nothing new; still its a good education for those not familiar with chemical & biotechnology in the agricultural sector. Sad part is that with the HGTV fad, heck just home-garden craze residential neighborhoods are just as full of pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and the like as are industrial farm fields. Such is the price for imposing monocultures; which nature abhors. There's big money in this stuff, and much like oil and timber; we all know what happens when big money is involved :thun

BTW, the video in the very first post of this thread is still active as of this edit, just click on the blank screen after you open the link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom