Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I'm interested in the discussion of both soy and corn

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • I don't know yet, interested to see what others say

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Explain in a post below)

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
Neither did I argue that either intelligence or education in one field of study implies equal intelligence and educxation in another.
Nor did I say you argued any such thing.
Yet that does not stop the masses from getting their [politics, economics, faith, science, medicine, history, etc] from sports stars, actors and actresses, fashion models, and musicians, and others of like skill sets...
Which is a large part of my point.
Go ahead, tilt at your respective windmills - extremely rare that facts will change the mind of those who believe.
That's an odd admonishment considering the posts you have in this thread that are aimed at convincing people that their beliefs are not accurate...including a hand-waving dismissal of the post to which I was responding.

Nor did I say you argued any such thing.

Which is a large part of my point.

That's an odd admonishment considering the posts you have in this thread that are aimed at convincing people that their beliefs are not accurate...including a hand-waving dismissal of the post to which I was responding.
1) So this you added "gratis", not in response to something you thought I had said?

"That said, the fact that some of the people peddling nuttery are relatively intelligent does not make those who believe them intelligent, nor does it make the peddling respectable."

2) Your points are, to me at least, at times less than clear. Had briefly hoped you might refine your rhetoric some.

3) Yes, a hand waving dismissal not intended to convince anyone with facts or otherwise - merely to indicate I was familiar with the once-Dr., one of his more famous disease theories, and felt both unworthy of susbtantive comment.

I hope that I have helped to clarify a definitional issue for Weeg, and offered alternative viewpoints for cosideration of the original subject from other than an individual perspective. In any event, this thread no longer amuses or interests me, having seemingly moved from consideration of the issues to comments on the persons representing various viewpoints. Have a great day all, I'm stepping off.

Can we get back to the topic of GMO feed? If you all want to attack each other, this is not the place.

Civil discussion and polite disagreement about GMOs please. I got rid of social media to avoid drama.

1) So this you added "gratis", not in response to something you thought I had said?
That you mischaracterized what I said does not mean it was not in response to what you said. Your comment was that many "intelligent people believe" many ridiculous things. I pointed out that the fact that those ridiculous things being peddled by apparently otherwise intelligent people (who are not participating in this forum) was not an indication that those believing what the latter are telling them (those who are participating here) is an indication that they too possess a similar level of intelligence.

3) Yes, a hand waving dismissal not intended to convince anyone with facts or otherwise - merely to indicate I was familiar with the once-Dr., one of his more famous disease theories, and felt both unworthy of susbtantive comment.
So, a subtler way of taking a swipe at the poster who apparently believes them.

I too am out now.

Since I started feeding my dogs raw, I've had Dogs Naturally send emails to my inbox in oder to access their dog food recipes. Because of this, this article came into my inbox the other day, and I was very fascinated in reading it. Not for my dogs since they're eating raw, but because of soy in chicken feed.
It was a very interesting read, and talked a lot about pesticides used to dry soy and control weeds, and how they impact the crop afterward.
It talks about how soy that is sprayed with Roundup, which is used for weed control, contains Glyphosate, the active ingredient in RoundUp, which is a toxin along with being an antibiotic. I believe I read in the article that your dog can end up consuming the toxin when eating GMO soy in dog food, causing them to consume the antibiotic. Could this be the same for our chickens? It also talks about the downsides of soy in general, such as the large amounts of 'anti nutrients' soy contains which can cause gastric distress, soy interfering with thyroid glands, and even how soybean consumption has caused seizures in dogs and cats.
I have to say it was a very interesting read, and I wanted to see other's opinions on this subject. I know I was intrigued.
Another article I found also talks about how soy contains high amounts of physic acid, which animals such as chickens can't digest because they don't produce the correct enzymes to break up the nutrients.
I haven't checked to see if the above source is reliable, but I do trust the information on the Dogs Naturally website. The author also has a TV series, is an award winning blogger, and magazine writer.
This article was written by a professional in animal nutrition and health- https://www.thepoultrysite.com/arti...-affect-the-growth-and-gut-health-of-chickens

This then leads me to the same idea with corn. Field corn is one of the most genetically modified, and heavily sprayed crops in the US. Its almost throughly sprayed with pesticides, and even though pesticides are considered safe, it leads us down the same road I was talking about with soy. I couldn't find any research on the impacts of GMO corn for chickens, but I did find this article that talks about GMO corn for humans. The last paragraph is very intriguing. Could GMO corn have the same affect on our birds as this article claims it has on humans? I'm assuming so.
Very interested to see what responses I get. I like doing research on things like this, and would love to see what everyone else's opinion is on the topic. Thanks for stopping by and reading my post! I'm very interested in your opinions, or personal research.
Gmos are not allowed in some countries. They have various negatives,and effect your gut Microbiome and bacteria. We become what we eat. Think about it. Check out Stephanie seniff chief scientist at MIT. She has studied this quite a while. I don't eat gmo food. You may take a little timeto learn. It is your health. 70% of immunity is created in your gut, and gmos effect it. many hormones and how you feel also are made in the gut also
ss. So many reasons

Gmos are not allowed in some countries. They have various negatives,and effect your gut Microbiome and bacteria.
There is no substantive evidence to support that assertion about any GMO crop on the market, let alone making it so broadly about GMOs in general. As I've said before, commercially raised GMOs have been studied for decades, with no real ill effects having been found to date.
We become what we eat. Think about it. Check out Stephanie seniff chief scientist at MIT. She has studied this quite a while.
Her name is "Seneff", and she is not "chief scientist" of anything, and in fact there does not appear to be any such position at MIT. What she is is a "Senior Research Scientist" at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory. She isn't even credentialed in the biological sciences at all. She's a crackpot with absolutely no expertise in the field she is making claims about. (One of her more insane theories is that, "the genetically modified corn used to produce ethanol has been sprayed with glyphosate and that the chemical is, therefore, present in the gasoline to which the ethanol is added. When the fuel burns, the glyphosate is aerosolized, and when inhaled, affects the immune system resulting in the "cytokine storm" that characterizes some cases of COVID-19.")
I don't eat gmo food. You may take a little timeto learn. It is your health. 70% of immunity is created in your gut", and gmos effect it.
There is zero evidence to support the assertion that GMO crops have a negative impact on gut health, let alone it's role in the immune system.

There is no substantive evidence to support that assertion about any GMO crop on the market, let alone making it so broadly about GMOs in general. As I've said before, commercially raised GMOs have been studied for decades, with no real ill effects having been found to date.

Except GMOs weren’t introduced until 1994, which means if they started immediately studying their effects, it could not be “decades of research”, which to me would mean at minimum 20 years.

Except GMOs weren’t introduced until 1994, which means if they started immediately studying their effects, it could not be “decades of research”, which to me would mean at minimum 20 years.
Common Core math? From 1994 to Dec. 2021 covers from just over 27 to nearly 28 years (depending on how early in 1994 you're talking about). Oh, and the release of the first GMO crop (tomatoes) in 1994 came AFTER multiple years of research/testing as mandated by the FDA and other agencies...so we're talking about at least ~30 years of such research as of now.

Last edited:
Common Core math? From 1994 to Dec. 2021 covers from just over 27 to nearly 28 years (depending on how early in 1994 you're talking about). Oh, and the release of the first GMO crop (tomatoes) in 1994 came AFTER multiple years of research/testing as mandated by the FDA and other agencies...so we're talking about at least ~30 years of such research as of now.
How can you research the effects until a few years have gone by? Or do you think consuming GMO would be an immediate noticeable effect? Giving about 5 years to let the crops infiltrate stores and see if there are any effects a few years in would be about 20.

How can you research the effects until a few years have gone by? Or do you think consuming GMO would be an immediate noticeable effect? Giving about 5 years to let the crops infiltrate stores and see if there are any effects a few years in would be about 20.
You really need to get a new calculator (and calendar). Even if one accepts your baseless assertion that GMO crops need 5 years (which sounds like an arbitrarily chosen number) of time on store shelves before research can begin (of course that's not true...such research has to take place for years before FDA approval is granted...but let's pretend that it is) you still have about 22 years ("decades"") for that research to occur.

Back
Top Bottom