Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I'm interested in the discussion of both soy and corn

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • I don't know yet, interested to see what others say

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Explain in a post below)

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
To even be able to ask the question of whether or not GMO food -- high-yield, pest-resistant, and enhanced in nutrition -- is good or bad is strictly a first-world concern.

Likewise for romanticizing subsistence farming -- each family providing most, if not all, of their food lest they starve, laboring dusk to dawn at both their crop-tending and their paid job with no time to waste on leisure.
I'm not arguing it isn't a first world problem. Although, I can see a rabbit trail about the nutrition of GMOs vs the nutrition of later hybrids vs the nutrition of heirloom varieties.

I don't think that proposal was subsistence farming. It isn't an attempt to "produce all the goods all or almost all the goods required by the farm family..." per websters dictionary.

It wasn't even proposing producing all the food, much less all the goods. I think you have a garden, no? Do you toil on it every moment you aren't at work? I spent less than half an hour a day on mine plus a couple of full days building a fence and a raised bed box that will both last for years. To get far more vegetables than several people could eat.

I don't have any illusions about the likelihood of it happening. But it certainly won't if it is accepted as flatly impossible. I'm hoping some people might start to think of possibilities.

And I will stop derailing the thread. Sorry, OP. My response to your initial question is I do think GMO's are much riskier than most people realize but mostly in the long term - the unintended consequences sort of like cane toads in Florida and covid if it is an accidental leak from a research lab (as opposed to both a natural phenomenon and a deliberate leak), I don't think eating GMO corn or soy is particularly dangerous.

Last edited:
I didn't say I didn't want to know...but I also didn't ask. Your reading comprehension skills could use work.
Out of these two books below read the contagion myth it's the better out of the two as an introduction into the topic. There are many more great natural healers and medicine men out there too.
Screenshot_20211015-132341~2.png

Out of these two books below read the contagion myth it's the better out of the two as an introduction into the topic. There are many more great natural healers and medicine men out there too.
View attachment 2924004
I'm familiar with germ theory denialsism. Lucky for me I still have enough functioning brain cells to prevent me from being duped by crackpot idiocy like that (as well as flat Earthers, those peddling "free energy" gadgets, wtc.)

Wallowing in ignorance, illiteracy and bat crap-crazy conspiracy theories do not make for a healthy lifestyle.

No need for personal attacks. He has the right to choose to believe as he does, and suffer the consequences thereof, as do we all. Lots of very intelligent people are germ theory denialists, just as lots of very intelligent people believe in various conspiracy theories. Its not unique to any faith, political affiliation, country of origin, or any other distinct characteristic - but it is very human.

That demonstrates only that Smart does not equal Wise.

Last edited:
He seemed to think there was when he called me a low-life.

That said, the fact that some of the people peddling nuttery are relatively intelligent does not make those who believe them intelligent, nor does it make the peddling respectable.
Neither did I argue that either intelligence or education in one field of study implies equal intelligence and educxation in another. Most often, it does not.

Yet that does not stop the masses from getting their [politics, economics, faith, science, medicine, history, etc] from sports stars, actors and actresses, fashion models, and musicians, and others of like skill sets...

Go ahead, tilt at your respective windmills - extremely rare that facts will change the mind of those who believe. Its part of the core sense of self. Personal attacks, less so.

Back
Top Bottom